News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

blueflower999

I thought Snivy looked really cool. And Turtwig evolved into a part ground type, so that gave it some advantage against fire types.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

Yet gave it a 4x damage to ice...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 08, 2013, 02:22:13 PMlaugh at my stupidity
When I was looking through the current TWG, I came across your post and was confused.

You shouldn't have deleted that post.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

garlicbananas

Change the Poll to which starter you want.  I'd like to see those results.

Mine's Chespin, probably because I don't know what he's based off of (if anything) so I don't feel held to worldly ideas by him.  Even though it is Pokemon, so anything goes.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: garlicbananas on January 09, 2013, 01:10:49 PMMine's Chespin, probably because I don't know what he's based off of (if anything) so I don't feel held to worldly ideas by him.  Even though it is Pokemon, so anything goes.
Grass otter. :P Bit of a beaver, you might say. Trying to disguise it with some sort of weird Slowking-looking hat. :P :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

^it's a chipmunk, and its head looks nothing like the Shellder on Slowking's head. No idea why you keep saying that.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 09, 2013, 01:19:11 PM^it's a chipmunk, and its head looks nothing like the Shellder on Slowking's head. No idea why you keep saying that.
1: Two front "spikes."
2: The way it appears to fit on their heads (unless Chespin's is actually part of it).
3: Weird spiky formation on top.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

I actually didn't think it reminded me of anything. It looked pretty original to me, so I don't even know what y'all are talking about.
I like Chespin. It's definitely my choice, out of the starters. Though, I might change my mind after seeing the evolutions..
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG.

Quote from: BulbapediaChespin is a combination of chestnut and pin. It may also be from chinkapin, the name of some species of chestnut.
Harimaron is a combination of 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog), 針 hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut).

So. Chestnut, Fox, and toad.

Waddle Bro

CHESPIN!!! WATCH OUT!!! THE MANKEY GANG IS HERE!!!

Waddle Bro

Guys, Fennekin's evolutions won't be a Fire/Psychic or that kinda shiz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox
They only live in the desert or close to it so Fennekin's evolutions will most likely become Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground.
It will suck ass with 4x weakness to Water, lolz

Clanker37

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 10, 2013, 07:12:10 AMGuys, Fennekin's evolutions won't be a Fire/Psychic or that kinda shiz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox
They only live in the desert or close to it so Fennekin's evolutions will most likely become Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground.
It will suck ass with 4x weakness to Water, lolz
Since when has Game Freak gone by actual real animals for their typing? Empoleon's Water/Steel, for god's sake.

But a Fire/Rock/Ground Pokemon would be good, since Camerupt and Magcargo kinda suck ass.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Clanker37 on January 10, 2013, 08:27:35 AMSince when has Game Freak gone by actual real animals for their typing? Empoleon's Water/Steel, for god's sake.
Empoleon is based on emperor penguin. :P They gave him Steel typing because if you give a crown, it wouldn't make any sense to keep it as a pure Water(and the other starters had also a secondary type) so Steel because that's the closest type to a crown.

edit: Check out this shiz :P
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Column:On_the_Origin_of_Species

Clanker37

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 10, 2013, 08:42:18 AMEmpoleon is based on emperor penguin. :P They gave him Steel typing because if you give a crown, it wouldn't make any sense to keep it as a pure Water(and the other starters had also a secondary type) so Steel because that's the closest type to a crown.

edit: Check out this shiz :P
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Column:On_the_Origin_of_Species
I was noting to the fact that a penguin would most likely to be Water/Ice due to it's icy habitat. But if you want more examples then:

Nidoking/Queen: Two Poison/Ground types. I get that it has Posion barbs, but Ground? The only way I can see them being Ground is because they're so fat :P

Slugma/Magcargo: A fire type slug/snail with no likeness to the Bug type at all. In fact, Magcargo is basically anti-Bug as you can get because of both it's STAB being super effective towards Bug.

Altaria: Dragon/Flying. DRAGON? Why on earth would you give Altaria Dragon? It makes no sense. Dragons are supposed to be epic looking, fear inducing Pokemon with a university degree in badassery. Altaria looks like it want to hug you. In fact, Swablu has a habit of cleaning things. THE SPAWN OF ALTARIA IS A CLEANING LADY. Not Dragon worthy.

Azurill: A Normal type. This is the spawn of Marill, one of the first 2nd gen Pokemon shown, who is a Water type, which begs the question. Why was Azurill made a Normal type, when it's preexisting family is already Water? According to its Pokedex, it lives in water. And it's tail is used as a flotation device, like Buizel's scarf. So why Normal?

Clefairy Family: Normal. These are the fairy Pokemon. FAIRY POKEMON. They are known for using Metronome to use any move. They live in Mt. Moon, a place where mostly rugged Rock types, or nocturnal Zubats hang out. It has wings. Why on earth Game Freak didn't make this Pokemon Psychic or even Flying, is beyond me. But no, instead we're given another generic Normal type which is basically Jigglypuff with a moon fetish.

Porygon Family: These are among the most creative of Pokemon. They're computer made Pokemon. They're pretty darn awesome. But, why has Game Freak once again shunned a unique Pokemon with a great back story, into the Normal corner? God knows why Porygon was made Normal over Electric, Psychic or in the case of Porygon2 and Z, Steel. But no, once again a great Pokemon family has been ruined by the fact that it can't hit anything Super-effectively.

End Rant.