News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

They just happen to have similar chord progressions in the intro, they're not that much alike actually. Just because a song sounds similar to another doesn't mean it's a remix or reference. I once had manio try to tell me that Ghostly Galaxy was a remix of Ricco Harbor. Of course, that WAS manio. ::)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

May be true, but it makes it a whole lot more likely when you compare this to this:P Even both the top comments acknowledge this similarity.

And even then, there's Route 10's similarity to Run, My Dog, Run.

Besides, Creatures Inc worked on EarthBound, so this really isn't that farfetch'd.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Again, it's only the opening notes. The pieces themselves are structured differently, with different chord progressions.

Also nice pun.

Dudeman

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 13, 2013, 03:37:34 PMVICTORY ROAD <3
The SSBB version is really what got me interested in Pokemon again. I heard it and was like, "OMG I LOVE THIS SONG" and went back and listened to the original again (though I still prefer the Brawl version...).
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Brawl was pretty good about the Pokemon arrangements, but I really have trouble loving what they did with the Dialga/Palkia theme, it just wasn't as good as the original.

blueflower999

Really? I love the Dialga/Palkia theme in Brawl! I put it on my MP3.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jompa

There is a limit to what chord patterns the brain recognizes as "nice to listen to". Therefore chord progression isn't enough to identify a song, and therefore isn't copyrighted or anything.
Just because the first four measures of that Mother song had the same chord progression as the surfing theme, doesn't make it a reference. Of course, it COULD be inspired by it, because of the "every idea we'll ever have is something we've heard of before"-law. However it is actually not so likely that it is inspired by THIS particular song - the chord progression has probably been used before, in other songs.
Also, there's is a good chance that the composer just found that progression by chance, and though it sounded good.. because it does, it does sound good. This is the ideal chord progression he had in mind, because the human brain likes it. The same thing happened to the other composer and bam, the first four measures have similar chord progression.

So no, Blueflower - Most likely not a reference.
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

I don't get why people call out pokemonand final fantasy for making their sequels exactly the same as the predeccesor when other series (like mario) do it too.

Kman96

Quote from: SocialFox on January 14, 2013, 02:50:22 PMI don't get why people call out pokemonand final fantasy for making their sequels exactly the same as the predeccesor when other series (like mario) do it too.
omg, mario is like the worst...How many different platformers can you MAKE?? At least other games switch up the locations and other things.
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

But that's the funny thing. The last 2D Mario platformer that they made before the NSMB series was Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo, and that came out in 1991, I believe. So why did it take so long for them to get back to the 2D style?

They make Mario games because they're fun. They were fun in 1985, and they're still fun today. That, and they sell well.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Oh yeah; exactly 10,000 dream points!! I have a Vanilluxe tucked in, so time to venture to Icy Cave and find a Gible!

EDIT: Gible are rarer than I thought... I might have to come back tomorrow...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Waddle Bro

"Fennekin - Dog"

wtf it's a fox

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 15, 2013, 01:31:36 PM"Fennekin - Dog"

wtf it's a fox
Typhlosion... rat!? Lolololol. I always thought it was based on some sort of mutated weasel-bear.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Nope. Cyndaquil is classified as a mouse.