News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Echo

Don't forget about Join Avenue. Such a breeze for hatching/raising Pokemon now.

JDMEK5

Anyone know of a good way to get EV-lowering berries in 4th Gen (Johto) or 5th Gen?

Quote from: Echo on September 11, 2013, 11:20:02 AMDon't forget about Join Avenue. Such a breeze for hatching/raising Pokemon now.
How so? Join Avenue confused me so I kinda just forgot it existed and pretended I would never need it..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

JDMEK5

But what could it possibly be good for?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Roz~

JDMEK5

K good cuz when I played through White again, I remember paying clear attention when they were explaining it and I couldn't find a single, productive reason to bother with it at all. I was right I guess..?

My Arrangements

spitllama

I personally loved Join Avenue. Got to upgrade every store, and by the end of it all, you're rewarded with a lot of Max Revives, rare candies, easy ways to level up (gym), easy ways to hatch eggs (nursery), etc. Plus the lottery was fun to check every day. Idk, it was mindless but it was cool to invite people like gym leaders and elite four.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

Quote from: spitllama on September 11, 2013, 07:58:55 PMyou're rewarded with a lot of Max Revives, rare candies, easy ways to level up (gym), easy ways to hatch eggs (nursery), etc.
Join Avenue actually does something?! :o

If what you say is true, tell me how to achieve the same thing.

My Arrangements

Echo

Quote from: Roz~ on September 11, 2013, 06:21:23 PMJoin Avenue sucks.

Join Avenue is the best feature from B2W2, arguably the best feature of all time.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 11, 2013, 06:48:47 PMBut what could it possibly be good for?

- Great theme song
- The Dojo can raise EVs from 4-64 points each stat, making it more precise than Vitamins, and is unaffected by the EV cap. Can also raise Levels, if you're too lazy to grind.
- The Cafe does similar things as the Dojo.
- The Nursery hatches eggs instantly.
- The Beauty Salon can be used to decrease EVs if you want to allocate them to different stats.
- The Market gives PP Ups, Max Repels, and Vitamins (among other things) for cheaper costs by buying in bulk.
- The Flower and Antique Shops might give you the odd important Berry or Gem, but those are only needed like once. Otherwise they can be moneymakers for the above shops, such as by selling their rare goods to Maniacs. Heart Scale's cool too for the Move Relearner.
- The Raffle's just free stuff a day, most notably for PP Max or Master Ball.
- Plus you get free Stardust from it over time, so it almost pays for itself.

Anyways, yeah, easiest way to get a big Join Avenue is to trade/battle a lot to get other people to come to your Avenue. Trading Magnemite for Magnemite on the GTS is the trick people use before for quick Join Avenue growth.

Roz~

Berries + Wings and Vitamins
'nuff said

Waddle Bro

^this
sissies take their pokemon to cafes to train them
real (wo)men battle

Quote from: Echo on September 11, 2013, 09:16:15 PMJoin Avenue is the best feature from B2W2, arguably the best feature of all time.
PWT was the greatest addition to Pokemon ever.

Roz~

Yup, PWT definitely was the best addition to Pokemon. But the AI is so dumb It's fun to battle the World Champs in each age divisions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Echo on September 11, 2013, 09:16:15 PMAnyways, yeah, easiest way to get a big Join Avenue is to trade/battle a lot to get other people to come to your Avenue. Trading Magnemite for Magnemite on the GTS is the trick people use before for quick Join Avenue growth.
What if my White for some reason can't use Wi-Fi? Am I screwed at that point?

My Arrangements

Roz~

Well you can't meet new people so you can't recruit them so your avenue won't grow. So yeah you could say you are screwed
Unless you can meet trainers irl.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Roz~ on September 12, 2013, 08:07:57 AMUnless you can meet trainers irl.
Good luck with that.. I only have 3 friends who have B/W and I hardly ever see 2 of them. Forget happen to have our games on us as well.. :(
(Gotta get Black before the Shiny Dialga's over)

My Arrangements