News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Waddle Bro

Apparently I'd need to preorder the game to get the shiny Creation trio.

I call bull-ass-shit.

spitllama

JDMEK, I only communicated with one irl person for Join Avenue, and even that wasn't necessary.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2013, 08:53:07 AMApparently I'd need to preorder the game to get the shiny Creation trio.
Seriously? Preorder X and/or Y? I'm going to anyways but that's stupid to make it mandatory..

Quote from: spitllama on September 12, 2013, 09:27:30 AMJDMEK, I only communicated with one irl person for Join Avenue, and even that wasn't necessary.
? So you don't need to communicate with other real players at all?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Yeah Join Avenue can develop without contact with any IRL trainers
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

How is it done? Just talk to random ppl or what?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Waddle Bro

There will be NPCs on the Avenue every day and when you talk to them they might ask you a permission to open up a shop or you have to recommend a shop for them to go to.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Join_Avenue

Roz~

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2013, 08:53:07 AMApparently I'd need to preorder the game to get the shiny Creation trio.

I call bull-ass-shit.

I remember the guy at EB Games asking for my name when I wanted to download Keldeo, to make sure I had pre-ordered Black2. Bullshit indeed. Can't you just pre-order and then cancel your pre-order though? I'd do that.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Waddle Bro

Idc about the shinies. Not that important.

I'll be taking my money to another store as a protest.

Also, do want:

JDMEK5

Quote from: Roz~ on September 12, 2013, 09:53:18 AMI remember the guy at EB Games asking for my name when I wanted to download Keldeo, to make sure I had pre-ordered Black2.
When I got the Shiny Raikou and Entei (I missed Suicune), I went to an EB games in a mall (coincidence), and instead of going in at all, I sat just outside the shop with my back to the wall and worked my DS downloading from there. I felt like an idiot just sitting right across from an eating spot (not a food court), but it sounds like it was worth it. ?

But what you do if they cheat you out of an event like that, is cheat them by doing your business just outside. ;)

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2013, 10:06:16 AMI'll be taking my money to another store as a protest.
Too bad they don't know that.

My Arrangements

Echo

Quote from: Roz~ on September 12, 2013, 05:17:09 AMBerries + Wings and Vitamins
'nuff said

You get Berries and Vitamins at Join Avenue for cheaper though. >_>

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2013, 06:07:21 AMPWT was the greatest addition to Pokemon ever.

PWT's cool, I just wish all the Download Tournaments were released internationally.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2013, 08:39:29 AMGood luck with that.. I only have 3 friends who have B/W and I hardly ever see 2 of them. Forget happen to have our games on us as well.. :(
(Gotta get Black before the Shiny Dialga's over)

If you miss it but the worker there's nice enough, they can change the clock back on the DS to give you Dialga. Works the other way too, to get Palkia and Giratina early.

I call bull-ass-shit.

Call them out on their bs.

BlackDragonSlayer

I call bull-ass-shit.
They're much more lenient here at Gamestop, I suppose. Although they constantly ask you if you want to pre-order, it's rather easy to sneak in unnoticed with a crowd of people, and get out before they notice. :P We used to be able to do the events while standing outside, but I think they realized that people were doing that instead of coming in!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

But that's morally wrong though.

Considering they have all the rights to the event and to get you pre-order, downloading Pokemon that they have the rights to distribute with their own choices, is considered as stealing.

Echo

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2013, 12:30:45 PMBut that's morally wrong though.

Considering they have all the rights to the event and to get you pre-order, downloading Pokemon that they have the rights to distribute with their own choices, is considered as stealing.

Your store's the one that's morally wrong, because the pre-order's not supposed to be mandatory for the download. It's not a pre-order bonus, just a promotional event.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 12, 2013, 12:30:45 PMBut that's morally wrong though.

Like Echo said, in this case, pre-ordering is not mandatory for the events. It's just a way to lure more customers in.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 12, 2013, 10:13:04 AMWhen I got the Shiny Raikou and Entei (I missed Suicune), I went to an EB games in a mall (coincidence), and instead of going in at all, I sat just outside the shop with my back to the wall and worked my DS downloading from there. I felt like an idiot just sitting right across from an eating spot (not a food court), but it sounds like it was worth it. ?

But what you do if they cheat you out of an event like that, is cheat them by doing your business just outside. ;)
Too bad they don't know that.

Eh, well here they'd turn off their DS to make sure no one could download them outside the store. >_>

Quote from: Echo on September 12, 2013, 11:19:43 AMYou get Berries and Vitamins at Join Avenue for cheaper though. >_>

I don't need the Avenue to get as many berries/vitamins I need, so I don't care.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.