News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nitro Indigo

Solgaleo sounds like the name of a (Viva) Piñata, but that's probably because I've been thinking about that a lot recently.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 20, 2016, 07:37:59 AMActually, just about every single legendary Pokémon since Gen II has kept its original Japanese name.
Not Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf.

Speaking of Pokémon with the same name in every language, I don't understand why Yanma's name is more or less the same in every language except Korean. It means "big dragonfly" in Japanese, but to any non-Japanese speakers, it's meaningless. Its Japanese name is Yanyanma, by the way. And Yanmega is Megayanma.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 20, 2016, 07:37:59 AMjust about
The Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf trio and Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus trio are a few of the exceptions
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

Thunder, Fire and Freezer. =P
(Now someone needs to draw Articuno as a freezer.)
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

^ Salamander, pond turtle.

Apparently, the name leaks weren't even registered by any Pokémon-related companies.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on April 20, 2016, 08:33:24 AMGen 1 isn't famous for clever names, anyway.

True. Even then, Mew and Mewtwo keep their Japanese names.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

how is Ekans not a clever name
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

On Official Nintendo Magazine forums, there was a Pokémon trivia thread where people kept mentioning Ekans-being-snake-backwards over, and over, and over again, as if it was the most mind-blowing thing in the world.

Ōkami~MD

not one mention of Arbok??

(spoilerz kobra backwardz)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

mikey

same principle applies
also the legendary birds with uno dos and tres come on
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 20, 2016, 12:32:31 PMalso the legendary birds with uno dos and tres come on
The day I figured this out was a very good day.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

The last insult hurt me emotionally....I felt as if it was directed towards me even though it wasn't

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Ōkami~MD

ha!

pupppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Nebbles

Before we know it, it'll be May, and we should finally start getting Sun and Moon news!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

cashwarrior1

I'm playing through Pokemon X and Y for the 7th time and I'm noticing way more little details that is making me enjoy the game. It's still not one of my favorites, but I like it a lot more now.