News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

Still... I should have added the fact that I want a move that could inflict damage according to its type weaknesses... wasting a perfectly good slot with toxic, when earthquake could be there is just something I can't afford... its my battling style! You prefer the slow and drawn out way, I just want to get on with it!

SlowPokemon

I mean, I don't always prefer the slow, drawn-out way... that's just foolish. But with most people, it's just attacking recklessly and mindlessly. The way I see it, Toxic is a useful move against Pokemon like Shuckle, and usually the other three spots are filled with "good" moves (i.e., Skuntank - Toxic, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, and Dark Pulse).

Although, in that case Toxic could easily be filled with Calm Mind...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

now I sometimes use Calm Mind with Alakazam... but with Skuntank, I'd do Night Slash, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab and Dark Pulse... Skuntank's Attack is higher than its special attack. Flamethrower would be great to have, but it isn't a STAB move

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I know. :3

It can be good for facing those pesky Grass- and Poison-types who aren't weak to Poison though. :P

Actually, that moveset isn't that great - only two types... keep Poison Jab and Night Slash. Then teach it Slash (learns it naturally) and I would teach it Flamethrower (again, my business...). If you gave it a Scope Lens, Slash and Night Slash become more likely for Critical Hits. If you delete Flamethrower for its base move Focus Energy, you can add to that chance. But you wouldn't do that. :)

DrP

nope, no focus energy, but a scope lens would be something i'd use. I may get rid of dark pulse and replace it with flamethrower

SlowPokemon

Yeah, if you're going to use Dark Pulse, might as well have  a (better) special move of a different type... :P

DrP

see... but with Dark Pulse, its a STAB attack... so it may actually be a bit stronger than flamethrower (on a pokemon where dark and fire types affect it normally)

SlowPokemon

I know, but with Night Slash...

AAUGH! It's too confusing! Who wants a cookie?

DrP

Not me! Well, maybe. I haven't eaten anything today

SlowPokemon

DrP

yeah. im leaving now! ill be on my phone!

Probably going to be playing HG!

Oni-Link

I save around 70 Gummi's. (Items that increase your stats and IQ)
It's completely taking up my storage, which is about 200. It gets bigger as the game goes on, though.
It can get up to 1000 items max once you get to a certain Rank.

SlowPokemon

I like the original games - which you should play if you liked Explorers of Sky - because there was no storage limit.

The original games are PMD: Blue Rescue Team (DS) and Red Rescue Team (GBA).

You need to play them because in some ways they're better than the newer ones.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2010, 03:15:51 PMI like the original games - which you should play if you liked Explorers of Sky - because there was no storage limit.

The original games are PMD: Blue Rescue Team (DS) and Red Rescue Team (GBA).

You need to play them because in some ways they're better than the newer ones.
I'll try Red Rescue team on an emulator, how about that?

SlowPokemon

Cool! The newer ones obviously have more in-depth mechanics and the like, and a longer story, but this game has a more basic story, with a really long post-ending.

And you can't be Psyduck in the newer ones. :3