djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

I'll only do as the poll says. ;)

Alright, guys. Another one done.
Did it quickly because it only has 8 measures, haha.

Either way, I'm still unsure if the key signature is right, so the accidentals. After thinking it for a while, I concluded it was F minor and then G minor. But still unsure as I said... Could you guys please enlighten me? :)

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Elder Princess Shroob Appears" MUS

TheZeldaPianist275

I believe you are correct.  Not a bad arrangement.  Keep it up!

Jompa

I haven't listened to the original - but from your arrangement I would say it is in Bb major at the beginning, and then changes into C major.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 28, 2013, 02:21:44 PMI'm still unsure if the key signature is right, so the accidentals. After thinking it for a while, I concluded it was F minor and then G minor.

First of all, it doesn't begin in F minor. And the key signature you have there isn't even F minor, it's D minor, which ALSO is not correct. XD It's in B-flat minor. And then at measure 3 it changes to C minor for the remainder of the piece.

Out of curiosity, and if I sound rude I apologize because that isn't my intention, but why is it so hard to figure out what key the piece is in?

edit: ninja'd. Jompa, I think C minor would be more accurate as the lingering tone is the minor one, but C major I suppose might be acceptable due to the random chords in the second measures of each section.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Slow, the think that determines which tone-gender (minor/major) a song is in, regardless of modes, is the third.
In this piece the third is in action a lot - and it is clearly a major third.
As we can see in the Bb part - the melody goes to a D, right? Which is the major third to Bb.
And in the C part - it goes to an E, the major third here as well.
So I definitely believe it is major.

I didn't really understand what you meant with "the lingering tone"? It is my english, so it is not your fault.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2013, 02:48:23 PMOut of curiosity, and if I sound rude I apologize because that isn't my intention, but why is it so hard to figure out what key the piece is in?
I don't really see why either - I don't wanna sound rude, so sorry if I do...
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on March 28, 2013, 02:46:10 PMI haven't listened to the original - but from your arrangement I would say it is in Bb major at the beginning, and then changes into C major.
You're right! I don't know why but I was obstinate that it had to be minor compulsorily. Gosh, why didn't I consider the possibility of a major key before? I feel so stupid now. :P

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2013, 02:48:23 PMFirst of all, it doesn't begin in F minor. And the key signature you have there isn't even F minor, it's D minor, which ALSO is not correct. XD It's in B-flat minor. And then at measure 3 it changes to C minor for the remainder of the piece.

Out of curiosity, and if I sound rude I apologize because that isn't my intention, but why is it so hard to figure out what key the piece is in?

edit: ninja'd. Jompa, I think C minor would be more accurate as the lingering tone is the minor one, but C major I suppose might be acceptable due to the random chords in the second measures of each section.
Oops, sorry, meant D minor before.
No, you don't sound rude. It's not hard to figure out what key a piece is in, but sometimes it can be confusing.

I really think it's not B flat major. I have to agree with Jompa here. It's a major third in both cases, so that means they're both major.
Yeah, the lingering tone can make you think is minor, but again, look at the third.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 28, 2013, 02:36:14 PMI believe you are correct.  Not a bad arrangement.  Keep it up!
Well thank you! :D

Thanks a lot to all of you for your feedback! :)

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 28, 2013, 04:29:52 PMI really think it's not B flat major. I have to agree with Jompa here. It's a major third in both cases, so that means they're both major.
Sorry, but did you write something wrong here?
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Jompa also said the beginning was B-flat minor XD but yeah. It's a good arrangement, too bad this song never made it into the American game (the dialogue scrolls automatically, so you can only hear it for a second or two)

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2013, 04:57:09 PMJompa also said the beginning was B-flat minor XD
Wait, what, I did?

Also still kinda curious to what "lingering tone" means :P
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Brassman388

Quote from: Jompa on March 28, 2013, 05:04:43 PMWait, what, I did?

Also still kinda curious to what "lingering tone" means :P

I think he means a note that can't quite fitted into any key, really. Since you guys are talking about minor keys, it could just be one of the raised 6th's or 7th's.

I haven't looked at it so I wouldn't know. Unless someone wants verification, I'm not gonna look at it.

You guys got it covered.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

DonValentino

Argh! I meant minor! What's wrong with my fingers that don't type what I want?! :P
So yeah, both major.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Elder Princess Shroob Appears" MUS

Ok, so M&L:PiT and Zelda Twilight Princess are winning so far.
The first one which reaches 5 votes will be the one that I'll do. So vote! :D

Jompa

I'll be nazi about the accidentals now:

In the B major part: I'd suggest changing the Db into C#, just because that will clear up any confusion when you are going to a D natural in the next measure. Either that, or parenthesize the D naturals!
It's the same in the C major part, of course: Eb into D#, or parenthesize the E naturals where necessary.
The rest seems fine! :)
Birdo for Smash