djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Jompa

Quote from: DonValentino on April 09, 2013, 02:01:26 PMI just hope they go back to this music with Pokemon X and Y: catchy, memorable and lovely!
You've got some high hopes there, sport ;)

good arrangement, though I have probably already told you that, if I know myself correctly;)
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: DonValentino on April 09, 2013, 02:01:26 PMI just hope they go back to this music with Pokemon X and Y: catchy, memorable and lovely!

So you don't think the music since Pokemon Red and Blue has been catchy, memorable and lovely?

In my opinion Red and Blue had the worst music of the series. Note that "worst" here only means "least amazing"--it was wonderful of course, but it just doesn't stand to the other games' music in my opinion.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

I agree with Slow that the RBY music is the least amazing, but on the specific values in discussion (catchy, memorable and lovely), Red, Blue & Yellow definitely are superior.
I mean, if I start humming to Route 24's theme for instance, you guys will automatically join almost instantly. I don't think this is the case with for example Aspertia City - it just isn't catchy enough.
Some songs are just extremely catchy, like Itsumo no Fuukei (God, I love that song),
and there just happens to be a rather large concentration of these catchy songs in the RBY games. The later Pokémon games haven't managed to achieve this overall catchy OST again - in my opinion.

But I like the DPP soundtrack the most - because it fits my personal flavor the most - this was where it took a greater turn into jazz. And the themes are very catchy, though not as catchy and memorable as RBY OST.
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 09, 2013, 04:16:27 PMSo you don't think the music since Pokemon Red and Blue has been catchy, memorable and lovely?

In my opinion Red and Blue had the worst music of the series. Note that "worst" here only means "least amazing"--it was wonderful of course, but it just doesn't stand to the other games' music in my opinion.

Of course not! What I wanted to say is that I prefer something like this/this to something like this in a Pokemon game.

New poll and arrangement!

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow - "Last Road (Route 23)" (Replacement) MUS

SlowPokemon

Idk, I thought the rival battle in B2W2 music was absolutely fantastic. XD but I can see where you're coming from.

SlowPokemon

As to the poll--What about something random like Pokemon Ranger? What about the School Road theme, or Vientown, or Ranger School from Shadows of Almia?

DonValentino

Hm, sure, why not. I think I'll take the Ranger School.

Do you want the "Day" version? http://youtu.be/83nhbdl00V8

SlowPokemon

You know I'm not talking about the Ranger Schoolhouse--the Ranger School piece that plays outside the schoolhouse

DonValentino

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - "Dewford Town" (Replacement) - [urlhttp://db.tt/EvCqg3oc]MUS[/url]

Alright, here's the plan: no more Pokemon for a while after doing Slow's request and fixing a few more arrangements from RBY. I really want to change to something else now.

Either way, hope you like this one!

Also, Nebbles, I'm doing "Ghostly Piano" and it could be done for tomorrow, but I can't promise anything right now. It's way easier than I thought btw!

SlowPokemon

Whenever you say "Ghostly piano" I think of the distant piano piece you hear during that mission.

Jompa

Good to see a not-so-intimidating Dewford Twon arrangement - I mean, Dahans' is nuts! :)
GJ
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Quote from: DonValentino on April 13, 2013, 09:25:48 AMPokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - "Dewford Town" (Replacement) - [urlhttp://db.tt/EvCqg3oc]MUS[/url]

Alright, here's the plan: no more Pokemon for a while after doing Slow's request and fixing a few more arrangements from RBY. I really want to change to something else now.

Either way, hope you like this one!

Also, Nebbles, I'm doing "Ghostly Piano" and it could be done for tomorrow, but I can't promise anything right now. It's way easier than I thought btw!

Oh, hooray! Can't wait!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on April 13, 2013, 10:00:03 AMGood to see a not-so-intimidating Dewford Twon arrangement - I mean, Dahans' is nuts! :)
GJ

I know right?
Thx!

Nebbleeees~~~! I finished it! ;)
Hope you like it! :D

[3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - "Ghostly Piano" MUS

Well, now that I did it, back to study. >.<

SlowPokemon

....nice job locking the poll, now you can never edit it again XD