djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Jompa

Oh my God that arrangement is absolutely terrible in every way possible. what the fuck.
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on December 18, 2014, 05:45:04 AMThese are great!
Personally, I think Halberd definitely is the defining piece for MK, as it is the most famous one, and no other MK-theme has been re-used even nearly as much. So I hope you don't mind my opinion, but I think you should choose Halberd for MK:)
Shouldn't be very hard either.

Thanks! Well I was thinking on doing "Meta Knight Defeated", but I guess the Halberd is more iconic, and even was featured in Smash Bros, so yeah I'll do the Halberd for MK ;J

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 05:57:38 AMMost importantly, it would remove yet another abomination from the site.
Quote from: Jompa on December 18, 2014, 06:04:18 AMOh my God that arrangement is absolutely terrible in every way possible. what the fuck.

Yeah, those "arrangements" that are just midis dumped into a sheet without the slightest correction. I feel bad each time I come across one of them, specially when they get as bad as this... :p

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 18, 2014, 10:02:55 AMThis looks pretty cool! Bet it'll take a few weeks or months though.

Thank you! Yes, you're not wrong, it make take a while... But I'll do it as fast as possible! Shortly I'll be able to arrange more during the Christmas break, so I plan to do a nice bunch of them. :J

Maelstrom

Personally, I'd like to make a list of such abominations and replace them, one by one.
I've got an Angry Bowser replacement, but it's stuck in the paper mario project right now.  :-\

DonValentino

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 18, 2014, 12:31:55 PMOk, sounds good! I wish I could arrange that many songs. I've only done two.

Oh don't worry, it's all about practice, in some time you'll be able to arrange faster and better you'll see :J

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 12:33:15 PMPersonally, I'd like to make a list of such abominations and replace them, one by one.
I've got an Angry Bowser replacement, but it's stuck in the paper mario project right now.  :-\

Haha agreed, but it's difficult to find motivation in just fixing someone else's work... And yeah the PM project is sadly frozen atm J:

Maelstrom

Jompa

Quote from: DonValentino on December 18, 2014, 12:28:00 PMYeah, those "arrangements" that are just midis dumped into a sheet without the slightest correction. I feel bad each time I come across one of them
if you take a look at the halberd arrangement you'll see that this isn't actually the case - the arranger barely has any of the notes right at all! It's just literally terrible.

EDIT: it's true that Meta Knight Defeated also is an iconic theme for MK - it's that one and Halberd that are his most "important" themes. Though, as for which one is more iconic/famous/most used: Halberd. imo ofc!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 01:05:27 PM*Replacing
Not fixing

Both replacing and fixing tbh. It's harder to do a replacement "because the one already done is not good, to put it lightly" than "because I really feel like arranging this song, replacement or not". :J

Quote from: Jompa on December 18, 2014, 01:42:10 PMif you take a look at the halberd arrangement you'll see that this isn't actually the case - the arranger barely has any of the notes right at all! It's just literally terrible.

EDIT: it's true that Meta Knight Defeated also is an iconic theme for MK - it's that one and Halberd that are his most "important" themes. Though, as for which one is more iconic/famous/most used: Halberd. imo ofc!

True, it's just awful xD
Yeah both are very close to MK... The more I think about it the more I doubt. Hmm...

DonValentino

How could Bowser's song not be "The Grand Finale" from M&L Bowser's Inside Story!? The tremendously epic climax to an amazing trilogy of chortles and fury! The decisive battle that will determine the fate of the entire Mushroom Kingdom! Fawful's last stand! All in all... "The Grand Finale"!!!!

Next fighter: Yoshi, Omnivore of the Year

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! ;J

Maelstrom

Not sure if anyone told you this, but that song is called "In the Final."
And it's on the site.
In both Duet and Solo forms, albeit titled incorrectly.
Yours is definitely more playable, though.
Solid arrangement. Are you planning on submitting these?

DonValentino

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 29, 2014, 09:30:15 AMNot sure if anyone told you this, but that song is called "In the Final."

Yes I know, but Smash Bros. lists it as "The Grand Finale", so I guess both are valid. (0:48)

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 29, 2014, 09:30:15 AMAnd it's on the site.
In both Duet and Solo forms, albeit titled incorrectly.
Yours is definitely more playable, though.

True, but is there any better choice for Bowser? Another good one could be "Final Bowser" from Super Mario 64, but I've already done it and want to make new ones at the very least. Besides, the one on site is missing like 20 measures or so and it's in a wrong key, among other things.

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 29, 2014, 09:30:15 AMSolid arrangement. Are you planning on submitting these?

Dunno, for now I'll just focus on finishing all of them.

Maelstrom

nvm, your title is correct.
And I didn't look at the one on the site.  :P
If it's that bad, definitely replace it.
And I won't ever deny this song's awesomeness.

DonValentino

Well, there are worse ones, but it would definitely need an important clean-up. :/

Maelstrom

DonValentino

Good actually, thanks for asking! To motivate myself a bit more, I started doing them in no particular order, so I could do the ones I'd want to arrange the most first. So far I have 3 and a half done, and was going to do an update when I had 5 completed. Still, it's taking more time than expected to complete them, but I hope to have something for this weekend!

Maelstrom