News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Sebastian

Hmmm ......maybe I'm listening to some weird fast version or something :p

DonValentino

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 08, 2015, 09:43:04 AMHmmm ......maybe I'm listening to some weird fast version or something :p

lol it's ok

"Inside the Castle Walls" got in the way, but here's Pikachu's arrangement, "Pikachu's BitBeach" from Pokemon Yellow. I may do the other Yellow exclusive songs eventually too.

[GBC] Pokémon Yellow
  • "Pikachu's Beach" MUS

FeEdBAcK wElcoME aS ALWayS, BoiNG

Bespinben

Wait what.
I didn't even know this was a thing.
I don't even.

*looks up Bulpapedia*
GEE, HOW WAS 7-YEAR OLD ME SUPPOSED TO GET SURFING PIKACHU FROM STADIUM

Well Don, you just sentenced me to spend hundreds of hours replaying Stadium to experience this. Congratulations.

Beautiful sheet btw (I think portrait would've have worked nicer in this case though, with 4 measures per system)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on April 10, 2015, 03:09:18 PMWell Don, you just sentenced me to spend hundreds of hours replaying Stadium to experience this. Congratulations.

Have fun ;J

Quote from: Bespinben on April 10, 2015, 03:09:18 PMBeautiful sheet btw (I think portrait would've have worked nicer in this case though, with 4 measures per system)

Yeah that would be perfect if it had 20 measures, but with 22 I'm not so sure, given that portrait gives less space for each systems than landscape and two systems would have to have one measure plus each to fit the 22 in one page. On a side note, I updated the current layout because I noticed the last system looked a little cluttered, whoops.

YoU tHaNk muCH VeRy, zOOm! DriNk CoFFeE BeFoRE gO? (Yes, I've been playing EB :J)

JesterMusician

It's pretty much perfect. The only things I might change would be:

-The staccato'd RH note in 13 is so short (shorter than 1/2 the note value) that I would write it as staccatissimo.
-The RH second voice in 18 should have one more E (16th) just before the B.
-The bracket in 18 should only have a top end, and an ending bracket if the RH is to play the rest of the notes.

See the image for this last point ("Song of Storms" from The Legend of Zelda Series for Piano: Intermediate-Advanced Edition). Something to note is the positioning: It instructs the player to play just the top note with the right hand. In the first image, the note is on a line, so the brackets' ends are positioned in the middle of the staff-space between the two. In the second image, the note is on a space, so they are positioned just slightly after the the staff line between the two.

DonValentino

Well well, someone's being nitpicky lately... lol

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 12, 2015, 10:09:45 AM-The staccato'd RH note in 13 is so short (shorter than 1/2 the note value) that I would write it as staccatissimo.

What can I say, it's totally correct, but I can't resist to think it's due to the limitations of the GB. Dunno, staccatissimo it is then.

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 12, 2015, 10:09:45 AM-The RH second voice in 18 should have one more E (16th) just before the B.

So would measure 17, but ultimately decided to remove both because of playability. I already feel too guilty for leaving that 10th in m. 21 tbh ^^"

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 12, 2015, 10:09:45 AM-The bracket in 18 should only have a top end, and an ending bracket if the RH is to play the rest of the notes.

Now is the most elaborate, intricate and utterly precise feedback I've ever received. Heck it's not even that easy to create a vertical bracket to begin with! I really can't disagree with this one though! xD

Please continue feedbacking, your suggestions are very helpful! Thank you very very much! ;)

Link updated!

DonValentino

DonValentino

Just to have the list up-to-date.

New:

Pokemon TCG 2 - To a New Island
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Wigglytuff's Guild
Super Mario Galaxy - Waltz of the Boos
EarthBound - Enjoy Your Stay

Tobbeh99

Quote from: DonValentino on April 21, 2015, 03:53:54 AMRe-arranged my old "Ganon Battle"! You can find the old, hideous and totally outrageous version on the site for comparison!

[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages

Nice done! I noticed that the song needed a replacement, and was going to do one myself. But now I don't need to, because your arrangement looks flawless. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Thank you tobbeh! Yeah, my first arrangements were... not... very good ._.

Here's a quickie:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Seabed"  MUS

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on July 11, 2015, 07:35:35 AMMario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Seabed"  MUS
Hey! I actually did this one already^ :P
But feel free to submit your's.....it's better than mine. Btw, only thing I see wrong is the url which should be NinSheetMusic

DonValentino

Ah didn't know, sorry about that. Well don't worry about it, I wasn't planning on submitting it at all, so go ahead with yours. Fixed the url, thanks!

Bespinben

Quote from: DonValentino on July 11, 2015, 04:24:06 AMPokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Wigglytuff's Guild

Wow! You really overhauled things on this since the last time you showed me! I'm usually extremely skeptical of other peoples PMD arrangements, but you really took the cake home on this one. My only gripe is your choice of LH harmony for m. 29-30... it's not B7, if you look at the melody at it's characteristically flattened 3rd (the D natural)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Latios212

Ah yes, a listing of your arrangements! Much appreciated :) And very nice job on Wigglytuff's Guild!

But where's Smashin' Scores!??
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle