News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG XI: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, September 18, 2010, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

Before this starts, I'm not going to allow a game like last time to occur. Therefore, there will be rules to being able to host. These are loosely based upon what Mashi said in the suggestion topic.

In order to Host, a player must prove to be experienced, knowledgeable, skilled and have the time to be a host.
This means:
  • A player must have played an ample amount of games. This means, at least 3 games played.
  • A player must have been active in said games. If you can't be active as a player, you can't be trusted as a host.
  • A host is more active than any player and needs to devote time every day.
  • An honourable mention, or showing constant skilled play in several games played.
  • An understanding of TWG fundamentals, terminology, and role specifics.
  • Able to constructively criticize and analyze players during the Post Game.
  • Able to prepare a post game, which requires much thought and analyzing of the players in the game.
  • Able to be a good sport, TWG is a team game, not a lone wolf

Another trait that isn't required, but would be really nice for hosts to have is good grammar and spelling.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

DrP

So, after hunkering down and learning the nitty gritty and "taking" TWG 101 from some people and looking at "the Basics" in other forums, I feel I get a "traffic school" pass for my second game.

Here is a submission for TWG XI! (and I will be pretty active on the site starting tomorrow again! woo!)

Without further ado, je vous presente

TWG XI â€" Beyond Azincourt
In the midst of the 100 Years War, the French were trying to expel the English from Mainland Europe, taking the English possessions of Aquitaine and making the Duke of Burgundy (who was sided with the British) join the fledgling French state. The Battle of Azincourt was a decisive battle that shaped the next 38 years for paving the path to French Victory (as Azincourt was the final English victory). Anyways, the French decided to lead a secret seige on a fortification that the English built, located around the City of Rouen. The French forces held on the opposite side on a hill top away from Rouen. Nightly, the English forces sneak into the French camps and captured and killed people of the French forces. After yelling “Quel Outrage“, the French decided to prepare themselves, using special units of their forces. The French also held daily lynchings of their own personnel for the hiding traitors. Will the siege on Rouen be a success, or will the English wipe the French forces from existence.

Roles:
Duke of Burgundy - The Master Wolf. They are Seer’d Green until a certain event. The Duke of Burgundy is French in body, but English in thought.
King of England - The Wolf with a vengeance. When lynched, they can bring someone down with them, unless they have a special power
Holy Roman Emperor - sharing the same religion with France has it’s perks. They can Seer a player each night.

The Pope - Seeing an unjust war causes problems for Catholicism. The Pope PMs Host with a player’s name and will cause their vote to not count for that day. They can recant their vote during the same day phase that the vote will be invalid for that player.

Artisan - The Artisan is a very important person to the French. Every night, they create a Soulful Masterpiece, which enables the Artisan to use to strip the powers away from The Pope or the Ã,me de Sol by sending the host a PM with a single name (not necessarily the color). They also use their power to redirect the Pope’s attention. If the PM that the Pope sends in matches a second name used for this purpose on the Artisan’s PM, the Pope’s block is null and void.
La Sainte - The Seer for the French army. If the The Pope picks La Sainte, La Sainte can now see true seering results (the Duke of Burgundy is Seer’d Red and the Fleur-de-Lis is Seer’d Green). They can send a single name to the host of who they want to Seer.
Duke of Anjou - The Guardian of the French Military. He can guard a person for as long as his services are needed. The Duke of Anjou CANNOT guard himself

Fleur-de-Lis - The symbol of the French Monarchy, the Fleur-de-Lis will not die if the King of England is executed and is chosen. They will be Seer’d Orange until an event happens.
Frenchman
Frenchman
Frenchman
Frenchman
Frenchman

Ã,me de Sol - When a Player is lynched during the Day phase; the Ã,me de Sol can revive them once and then they become a Human in name only and still will be Seer'd Purple. They will not count toward the Human count. They cannot be wolfed.

Winning Conditions:
Frenchmen - Eliminate the English
The English Rulers - Become 1:1 with the Frenchmen
The Special Frenchmen - See Frenchmen
The Pope and Ã,me de Sol - They win with the French

I will be happy to answer any questions you might have, or clarifications on the roles

SlowPokemon

I hate history so much, and truthfully get enough about it at school, but I guess that'd be fine.

Why do all of the hosts place such a value on story? I just wanna play. :(
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

askalice23

great ideas... good story.. i just think its way too complicated and too many special powers/items.... maybe dial it down a bit like 2 special wolfs and 2 or 3 special humans depending on what special wolfs you kept... just a thought

DrP

It's actually fairly simple... just if your the Pope or the Ã,me de Sol, then you have a special adendum and stuff... but they needed to have a winning condition...

Mashi, who is kind of enlightened in the fact of hosting and stuff... since he did it multiple times elsewhere, he felt that it is nice and balanced... my explanations are just kinda confusing, though.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 19, 2010, 06:21:38 AMI hate history so much, and truthfully get enough about it at school, but I guess that'd be fine.

Why do all of the hosts place such a value on story? I just wanna play. :(

You don't know where you're going unless you know where you're from!

I wrote a 15 page "children's story" in French, and it revolved around the Duke of Burgundy, so I wanted to take my favorite War and put it into TWG!

Jub3r7

It really is simple, but really complicated. XD!!!

I'm going to try to sum it up.
Event X - Purple or orange guesses Wind, Fire, or Earth (at least 1) correctly
Wind (Blue) - can strip the powers of orange and purple if their name is guessed correctly.
Can also null and void the effects of Purple and Orange if the target is guessed correctly? (correct me if I'm wrong...)
- blue2 - Can seer players. After event X, all players are seered correctly.
- blue3 - Guardian, can not guard himself
Earth (Green) - Will be seered orange until event X.
QUESTION: Correct me if I'm wrong, but this person can not die if red2 is executed?
- green1-5 The common people with no influence whatsoever.
Fire (Red) - seered green until event X.
- red2 - If lynched, can take a frenchman or revived frenchman/wolf with them. Because all others have powers. (correct me if I'm wrong...)
- red3 - Wolf Shaman, can seer players
Orange - guesses earth, fire, and wind to win.
Can null and void one player's vote per day.
Purple - guesses earth, fire, and wind to (a winner is you)!!
Can revive a player once per day phase; that person becomes purple and also tries to guess earth, fire, and wind.
QUESTION: Do the purple players each get separate guesses?
QUESTION: If a seal bearer dies, do they still have to be guessed?
And if seal bearers are revived as purples?

If anybody comes up with something simpler, I don't know what I'll vote for....
This game seems very interesting, but might get less votes due to complexity.
I won't vote until more games are posted, although this is definitely a good candidate.

I think you've had your three games by now, right?
You hosting shouldn't be a problem anymore. Last time you tried to host was after the incident.
Let us speak no more of it!!!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Event X - Purple or orange guesses Wind, Fire, or Earth (at least 1) correctly They guess three each night
Artisan - can strip the powers of orange and purple if their name is guessed correctly. The Artisan can strip the powers of Orange if they guess the Orange... Purple's powers cant be stripped.
Can also null and void the effects of Purple and Orange if the target is guessed correctly? (correct me if I'm wrong...) Artisan can ONLY null the Orange if guessed correctly
- blue2 - Can seer players. After event X, all players are seered correctly. Oui!
- blue3 - Guardian, can not guard himself Bingo!
Fleur-de-Lis - Will be seered orange until event X. Yeppers
QUESTION: Correct me if I'm wrong, but this person can not die if red2 is executed? Correct!
- green1-5 The common people with no influence whatsoever. Yep... pointless roles... haha
Duke of Burgundy - seered green until event X. Got that right!
- red2 - If lynched, can take a frenchman or revived frenchman/wolf with them. Because all others have powers. (correct me if I'm wrong...) They can take down anyone that voted for them, unless it is the Fleur-de-Lis. They wouldn't want to take down a fellow wolf
- red3 - Wolf Shaman, can seer players Easy as Pie with this one!
Orange - guesses earth, fire, and wind to win.
Can null and void one player's vote per day. you got the Orange Role down, here!
Purple - guesses earth, fire, and wind to (a winner is you)!!
Can revive a player once per day phase; that person becomes purple and also tries to guess earth, fire, and wind. Almost! They can only revive a player ONCE and that's it... no more reviving.
QUESTION: Do the purple players each get separate guesses? they are working on their own, so they give their own guesses
QUESTION: If a seal bearer dies, do they still have to be guessed? Yes!
And if seal bearers are revived as purples? No, they are revealed as their true color

Any other questions???

Once someone posts something pertaining to this topic, I will create a walkthrough on what happens in each phase!

Nakah

Oh God whatever happens please don't turn this TWG forum into a LLF-esque forum. The only thing that bugs me more than a poorly designed game is a game that has special roles for every goddamn player involved.

That being said, I think drp has put a lot of care and thought into the details of his game, but that turned out to be his ailment. There is too much going on at once in the game(and no, the more going on doesn't mean the higher level of complexity or intellectual design), and most of the roles(especially the Artisan) aren't going to be very useful since their abilities are so conditional that the odds of them affecting the game are very unlikely. There's an abundance of blue roles, and so many blues and greens that the reds are at a likely disadvantage as the game progresses.
    Also, the guardian not being able to guard himself is a huge turnoff, since what guardian doesn't learn to guard himself before guarding others(or how can that even be possible? Especially for a French Military official). I'm not saying no to this game, but a lot needs to be toned down and tuned together better before I'd say it's really hosting-worthy.

SlowPokemon

Thank you for saying that, I've been dying to! xD

I want to play a very uncomplicated game, quite honestly. Where I'm either a human, a wolf, a seer or perhaps a guardian.

The Lantern Keeper's Strange Man was okay, but this is too detailed.

I vote no to DrP's game, if we get votes.

Dude

Kinda stealing the post format of drp, sorry.

TWG XI - The Second Great Fairy War

Several years after the ordeal from Touhou 12.8, Cirno, Daiyousei, and some of the Nameless Fairies decided to trash the Three Mischevious Fairies' home for kicks and giggles.  Once Sunnymilk and co. returned from doing stuff, they are shocked at the damage done to their home.  Wanting revenge, Sunnymilk, Lunachild, and Star Sapphire decided to go after Cirno and destroy her and her little accomplices.

Roles:
Sunnymilk - The leader of the Fairies, seen as a Nameless Fairy
Lunachild - When killed, brings another player down.
Star Sapphire - Able to see what role a non-red player is.

Cirno - Able to make one ice shield per turn in order to protect a player.
Daiyousei - Able to see what role a player is.

Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy
Nameless Fairy

Item:
Extra life - Given to a Nameless Fairy, brings a wolfed player back to life.

It sucks, doesn't it? >_<

For being written down in 8 minutes, I thought I did a fairly good job...

I can also get rid of/add more Nameless Fairies if need be

EDIT: Added 2 more nameless fairies and fixed the item description.

SlowPokemon

I like it! Not overly simple, but not too complicated! There some things wrong with it, or as I like to say,

THE TWO PROBLEMS WITH DUDE'S TOUHOU TWG

1. There aren't enough Nameless Fairies, but you said you could add more, so that shouldn't be a problem.

2. You have two choices: Get rid of a wolf or get rid of the item. I say get rid of the item, as all it does is stall the humans from winning. If a person comes back to life, he or she is proven a wolf. I say either change that to a general revive item, and give it to either a human or a wolf, or get rid of it altogether.

Fix those two things, and you have my vote!

SORRY DRP

Jub3r7

Slow....

That is a general revive item. It doesn't say anything about only belonging to wolves.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

I was planning on giving the Extra life to a nameless fairy and it would only work on a wolfed player, not a lynched one, meaning only a nameless fairy or cirno/daiyousei would be revived.

I'll edit it now.

DrP

I've made some changes to my game that make it SO much less complicated... taking out the Sealbearers and eliminating a certain aspect in a role.

The Pope is just an ordinary Ballot Rigger and the Ã,me de Sol is just a reviving human... both of which are just going to be special humans with a different color attached to them and hold a special power

Nakah: Even though the Guardian that can't guard himself is a great turn off, I do have to make the game LESS human sided... he'll probably be busy guarding the seer anyways.

Dude: You kinda stole some roles, too... and other stuff in a sense!

Slow: You are just out on a vendetta against my game because it has a history based story, huh?

Everyone: You can't handle complexity one bit... I was going to show how easy it was (and I still will below)... once I draw it out, it may be easier to understand off the ORIGINAL game... the updated game just took some things away from gameplay

Night:
Wolves: Vote like normal... whatever wolves do
HRE: Send PM to host with Wolfing and the one he wants to Seer
Artisan: Sends PM to host with a single name of a person who they think is the Pope/Ã,me de Sol and a Name that they think the Pope is going to block
Seer: Sends name of person they want to Seer
Guardian: Sends name of who they want to guard
The Pope: Sends PM to host of who they want to prevent from voting, as well as three names of the three Sealbearers
Ã,me de Sol: Sends PM to host with three names of potential Sealbearers

Day:
Everyone: normal suspicions and stuff... as well as voting
Ã,me de Sol: When someone dies, they can revive them during this phase

It's fairly simple... I have no idea why everyone's confused

Dude

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 04:56:56 PMDude: You kinda stole some roles, too... and other stuff in a sense!
Not really, everyone knows the guardian, seer, master wolf, special wolves, etc are add-ons that everyone can use.

Also, don't be pissy just because mine has better playability.