News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Submissions for Next Update - 3 Songs

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 14, 2010, 01:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

No, he's doing what he thinks is right, and I really respect that (SO DON'T FLAME ME DT PLEASE, YOU'RE STILL A GREAT PERSON). But, I don't know, he just got a little too picky for dahans... :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

he just doesnt wanna have to worry about replacing another sheet already on tha site-we have enough on our plate already ;)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nintendude73

Wow, really?  I can understand complaints about lacks of updates but people are complaining about an updater wanting songs to be at a certain standard?  I don't think you all understand.  It is a lot of work to go through a bunch of songs checking them for problems.  Having to fix problems on top of that is even more work.  If you want updates, it's in your best interests to do everything you can to help out.  If you disagree with something but can make a valid argument for the way you did it, then any reasonable person would accept it and move on, but "I like it this way" is not a valid argument.  Putting that little extra effort in can make a big difference.  A well-done sheet is not only better for the site's reputation; it's also better for YOUR reputation.

Long story short, for the time being, if you want your stuff on the site, it needs to be up to TheDekuTrombonist's standards.

pumpy_heart

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fabbemannen

I still need practice so I might as well try to get them perfect

The Deku Trombonist

2.5k words later... W00t! No more assignments for the year. Just got exams in 2 weeks then 3 months holidays.

Anyway, as for the little discussion that has taken place here in my absence:

Tempo Markings: Plenty of sheets have been rejected for not having proper Metronome Markings in the past, there's no reason why now should be any different.

Arrangements: I feel we perhaps use this term a little too much around here without properly explaining what it means. It is, by nature, a rather ambiguous term that can describe a broad range of material and content. In this case, 'arrangement' refers to a changing of instrumentation, but in reality, it's a piano reduction based on a transcription. That's it. No extras. Obviously there is some room for change with regards to octaves etc and possible simplification of parts that are too difficult/too awkard too play on piano but that's about it.
I didn't make those rules, that's been the goal of this site ever since it was started. To provide playable, accurate, sheet music that allows a person to play something that sounds as close to the original as possible. Most people can do this reasonably well. Now, when I can't recognise where notes are coming from when I've just listened to the original 2 seconds earlier, I think there's a problem.

Formatting: It's so bloody simple and easy to follow it's not even funny. But I will try and get the picture updated with the correct URL just to make it easier.

That's about it really. Got any questions, ask.

Olimar, Shado: Check your posts, you'll find comments in there.

Submission are Closed for this update.
I'll wait a little while for people to respond to the latest batch of comments and then put the update up. Hopefully by around Sunday but if people need time, I'm happy to wait.

Shadoninja

it's called jazz font. I can switch it back to maestro if you want, but I just thought it'd look nice with jazz font.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah that'd be kinda good. I have used the jazz font before for school projects back when I used Sibelius so it's not that I don't like it, I'd just rather stick with the standard we've got going here.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

SlowPokemon

Love the Chompworks, Olimar!

That F sharp in measure 7 is by far what makes it great... ;)

Olimar12345

SlowPokemon

I'm joking, it's fine without it! :) I couldn't help saying that.

Olimar12345

its good u caught it tho-thats y i sent it to u 1st!