Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

TheZeldaPianist275

When I submit something, how should I structure the post?

Cobraroll

^Are you talking about how to make your arrangement thread?

First, you could have a short introduction. A welcome message to the thread is always nice. Call the thread "(username)'s arrangements" or something similar.

As long as you keep it tidy, it doesn't matter much how you format the thread. You can sort your sheets in whatever way you like, either by date uploaded, by game, alphabetically, etc. Just be consistant with the format.
A generally recommended trick is to use [ url ] tags to shorten links to the site you've uploaded your sheets to. Please don't use any uploading site that has a "waiting time" before downloads, though. MediaFire or yet better, Dropbox, work wonderfully.

You can provide a .mus, a .pdf and a .mid-file for each arrangement. Only the .mus is required to have in your thread, the other two are required as well when submitting sheets for upload.

As for posts in the uploading thread, just names, links (MUS, MID and PDF) are required. Just keep it tidy, the uploaders are (generally) smart enough to figure it out.

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

K-NiGhT

Is there a file size limit on submissions? cuz the arrangement i'm doing now is gonna be like, over 12 pages D:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

I hate to do this. I really do. I'm usually a proponent of patience. However, we're fast approaching 2 months on this update. Is there any way to get, like, a projected date even if it's really general? Otherwise the update ends up just sitting here for a long time. Nakah has offered to do the actual uploading part if that means anything... Idk. I know you guys are busy. Just hoping to hear what the plan is :-X
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 24, 2012, 07:10:21 AMWhen I submit something, how should I structure the post?

Like every single post in the first page of the submissions topic.

K-NiGhT

Hey are iPod touch game sheets accepted? I'ma do the angry birds theme :D

Olimar12345

K-NiGhT

Cool. My next arrangement = done by next weekend!

mebbe i'll start wednesday...

Winter

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 09, 2012, 10:18:52 PMHey are iPod touch game sheets accepted? I'ma do the angry birds theme :D

Is it a game? Can you play it?

YES!!!

K-NiGhT