Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: MoboMoga on December 20, 2012, 08:50:56 PMHowever, things have changed in NSM. Like how there aren't always Nintendo Sheets up on site. Jamaha says this in the main page: "Of course, we're called NinSheetMusic, so when we founded this site we were only focussed at Nintendo sheet music. These days, however, NSM is just the name and we don't really pay much attention to its origin anymore. So in short: yes, we do accept music other than Nintendo systems."
Things have to change, advance. Like if there weren't advancements in human history, we would still be living in caves.
That has nothing to do what we are talking about. Yes we accept non-Nintendo music now, how does this relate to organizing how duets are labeled? The fact that we started accepting duets was a huge step, now that they are getting some attention, we want to try and keep them organized. Most enthusiasts come because they want to be able to play a piece; they, solo. Duets are a nice option, but they shouldn't be the first and only option.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MoboMoga

Quote from: MoboMoga on December 20, 2012, 08:50:56 PMI agree that there needs to be solo, but that shouldn't restrict the uploads of duets.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 20, 2012, 08:59:36 PMDuets are a nice option, but they shouldn't be the first and only option.

Of course not. That's absurd.

CLBGM

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 20, 2012, 07:41:04 PMI think it's about time the Duets section of our Guidelines get updated for clarification. I haven't seen enough published sheet music to know the exact proper formatting but here's my best guess based on the few duet music I've seen and what we have on the site.
  • What we are currently labeling as Duets has "(Duet)" appended. e.g. [Console] Game - "Song (Duet)" - Arranger(s)
  • The Grand Staff names should be "Primo" and "Secondo" with "I" and "II" in the abbreviations, respectively.
  • Generally, duets will have Primo use two Treble Clef staves and Secondo will use two Bass Clef staves. These can deviate based on the song.
  • Two Pianos arrangements have "(Two Pianos)" appended. e.g. [Console] Game - "Song (Two Pianos)" - Arranger(s)
  • The Grand Staff names should be "Piano 1" and "Piano 2" with "Pno. 1" and "Pno. 2" in the abbreviations, respectively.
  • Generally, both parts will use the same Grand Staff as a solo arrangement but can deviate based on the song.
  • The type of duet is not put in the song title on the sheet. Amber Valley > Amber Valley (Duet)
  • Scores should be landscape as opposed to portrait to reduce pages, plus it makes better use of the paper. Parts will remain in
    portrait as they would with solo arrangements.
  • I propose that we change (Duet) to (Four Hands).

y y, I need all these rules or any "formal" stuff posted BY a moderator, administrator, or any authorized personal asap. Everytime I post some stuff, appears people talking about rules, rules that I can't find in this topic, which it's supposed to be "Da Rules".

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 20, 2012, 07:41:04 PM
  • Duets should not be visible on the site until there is a solo version. Arrangers can still submit them and if they are accepted, they'll be put into limbo.

What? That's ridiculous! So, I need to wait for someone to do the piano solo version, to post my work? This is NinSheetMusic, not NinPianoSoloSheetMusic.

EFitTrainr

I agree with Maestro and I'm a moderator!
Also, he's completely right about a solo needing to be put up first.
I like food.

MoboMoga

So even if people are satisfied with duets that are up in NSM, we'll still prohibit the updates for them in order to get solos that may never even be arranged?
I dunno, I think it's common sense: it's not like people even think about the goals of NSM, they just think of it as a video game music sheet site like any other site. They want sheet music, not extra-special stuff. I am extremely picky about quality, but at this rate we're not going to have that many updates.

MaestroUGC

Actually it's quite simple: If you have a duet you want on the site, arrange a solo version to submit along side it; if not you, then ask a friend to do it for you.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MoboMoga

I see your reasoning. But still, it shouldn't be enforced. It should just be encouraged.
If it was a problem here, then sure go right ahead.
But as far as I can see, there weren't really any complaints about the duet updates. We should just keep the regular system.

CLBGM

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 21, 2012, 08:54:05 PMActually it's quite simple: If you have a duet you want on the site, arrange a solo version to submit along side it; if not you, then ask a friend to do it for you.

There should be no priority. If someone doesn't find the desired sheet, then just go to the request forum and ask for it.

ALPRAS

CLBGM

Wolf

How do you make a sheet as the formatting rules say.
Like is there a program to draw sheets or something.
Somebody please tell me!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

spitllama

There is a "text" button at the top if Finale that can bold or italicize text or change size. Other than that it seems like everything is pretty self-explanatory. What are you struggling with?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Zunawe

I believe he's talking about PDFs. Too lazy to find the page.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Yugi