News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: universe-X on July 11, 2014, 02:44:06 PMHow acceptable are ossias?

It really depends on the scenario. PM me with details and I'll help you out.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Just letting you know, I won't be able to give much feedback or accept sheets until Friday as I have opera rehearsals until then. Looks there's lots of feedback-ing going on so keep up the good work everyone!

DonValentino

QuoteCongratulations, first sheet accepted!

Yay :J

FierceDeity

Oh wait, am I supposed to resubmit my sheets from the last thread even though they were already accepted, or

The Deku Trombonist

Not if they were already accepted. Olimar saved the ones that were accepted

Cobraroll

So... with this new (great) system, it seems like sheets are accepted one at a time, resulting in a steadily growing backlog of accepted sheets. How many sheets do you plan to have accepted before it's update time? I currently count six accepted sheets using the new method, as well as those accepted using the old, however many that might be.

At any rate, the system appears to work quite well. Every posted submission seems to get feedback, the arrangers are actively present in the feedback threads and update the sheets as required, and the uploaders participate actively too, resulting in a very transparent and visible feedback-and-approval process.

Last, a couple suggestions for improvement:
1) A line of text somewhere in the NSM panel, asking the arranger to keep an eye on the thread for the submitted sheet. This to prevent people from doing "hit-and-runs", AKA submitting a sheet and then leaving. I guess feedback will be most active for the first couple of days after submission, after which the thread might fall to the second page if nobody tries to follow up the critique and improve the sheet.

2) This is cross-referring to the Abandoned Arrangements project: Clarifying the "legal" stuff, or at least our sort of code of conduct. If a sheet is arranged, submitted, critiqued, but not improved and abandoned, are other members free to take matters in their own hands and re-format and re-submit it? Or is the sheet considered the property of the arranger until it is accepted? Should there be a time limit? I just want this to be clarified, to prevent the forum from being filled with near-finished arrangements that are just not good enough to make it to the site.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

When it comes to editing another person's work our policy has been (as far as I know) that the original arranger still gets credit for the work, but the editor adds an "Edited by X" line underneath the other authors.

This only applies if small/minimal edits are made (minor changes like formatting, a few wrong notes, etc.)
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Winter

I never thought it was that way, if that was the case, every sheet on the site would say "Edited by DekuTrombonist"

I thought it was that if they were minimal changes, they keep the original arranger, and if they were extremely significant - like you re-wrote the sheet in another format- then you can either put both, or just your own name, depending on how much material was used by the original arranger.

I could be wrong.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 26, 2014, 07:20:47 AM1) A line of text somewhere in the NSM panel, asking the arranger to keep an eye on the thread for the submitted sheet. This to prevent people from doing "hit-and-runs", AKA submitting a sheet and then leaving. I guess feedback will be most active for the first couple of days after submission, after which the thread might fall to the second page if nobody tries to follow up the critique and improve the sheet.
The little bit of text shouldn't be too hard to add. As for hit and runs, I'd say the problem would be the opposite. We will look at older submissions first so newer ones might sit for a while before we get to them.

InsigTurtle

Is there a topic for posting unfinished arrangements? I don't mean to sound like a lazy ass, but I just don't know where to go with some of the stuff I'm working on.

Bespinben

There's your personal arrangement thread: http://forum.ninsheetm.us/index.php?topic=5707.0
(speaking of which, you should revive some of those links dude! [especially the PMD ones  ::)])
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Baka94

I was just about to submit my first sheet, but the game was not listed on the submission page. Does this mean that sheets from that game are not allowed or just that no one has submitted sheets for that game? If it's the latter, how do I submit sheets for a game that is not listed?
; My brain activity
MainLoop:
NOP
JMP MainLoop

Maelstrom

Just choose "other" in the first menu, and check "Can't find what you're looking for?", and type in the name of the game.

Baka94

Quote from: maelstrom. on November 02, 2014, 10:11:47 AMJust choose "other" in the first menu, and check "Can't find what you're looking for?", and type in the name of the game.

And somehow I completelly missed the "other" option. Even though I tried to look if it was there.
; My brain activity
MainLoop:
NOP
JMP MainLoop