News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Then it doesn't really sound like you're changing into D major...

mikey

unmotivated

FierceDeity

My bad, I was going from memory there. The fact remains that it doesn't at all sound like you're changing into what you think you're changing into. While I wouldn't necessarily expect to see every note of the scale used (different ones being Eb, F natural, Ab, Bb, and C natural), the fact that you say there's no Bb gives me some serious doubts. I was about to say that an Eb major chord in D major could just be indicative of the neopolitan six chord, but if there's no fifth, then I have no idea. If you could show me where in the piece you're talking about, I could probably be a lot more helpful.

mikey

It's not actually in D, it's in F, but you're playing on a D then you go to an Eb is what I mean.  And as far as I know you don't actually play a Bb for that little section; it's just not there.
I didn't say modulating for a reason :P but I guess I could have been WAY more specific in my first post.
How about when I'm done you can look at it lol
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 26, 2014, 06:25:02 PMIt's not actually in D, it's in F, but you're playing on a D then you go to an Eb is what I mean.

I have never had less of an idea what you're talking about than I do now.
And yes, I'll just look at it then, haha.

SaturnV

Didn't know if my last plea was received or not, but to begin (again) with, I have tried multiple times to upload an arrangement of my own to the site, but even though I have selected a M.I.D.I. (also have an Mp3, could I use that instead?), it keeps saying I haven't. Anyone know what I could try to solve this?

Maelstrom

Quote from: SaturnV on November 30, 2014, 01:11:06 PMDidn't know if my last plea was received or not, but to begin (again) with, I have tried multiple times to upload an arrangement of my own to the site, but even though I have selected a M.I.D.I. (also have an Mp3, could I use that instead?), it keeps saying I haven't. Anyone know what I could try to solve this?
Try closing it and restarting the submission. Make sure you are putting the correct file in the right place. If all else fails, borrow someone else's computer or use a different browser. The problem is probably on your end.

Winter

Quote from: SaturnV on November 30, 2014, 01:11:06 PMDidn't know if my last plea was received or not, but to begin (again) with, I have tried multiple times to upload an arrangement of my own to the site, but even though I have selected a M.I.D.I. (also have an Mp3, could I use that instead?), it keeps saying I haven't. Anyone know what I could try to solve this?

Sorry, we can't accept mp3's in place of midis. every file has to be of exactly the type that it asks for.

btw, are you using ".midi" instead of ".mid"?

If so , try uploading a .mid instead.

The Deku Trombonist

Can you upload the files to dropbox or something and post them here or PM me? Then I'll look into it

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 30, 2014, 04:09:28 PMCan you upload the files to dropbox or something and post them here or PM me? Then I'll look into it
Can I do that too....for now? As some people know my computer cord was ripped and I could send you the Dropbox files with my iPad

The Deku Trombonist

Sebastian

Ok :)
Just this time I'd like to do that because I'm getting my cord Wednesday at the earliest.

mikey

Is it okay to do eighth-eighth-eighth-half note-eighth?  I don't think I've ever seen that before while playing so I'm guessing there's something else you gotta do.
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 08, 2014, 07:54:52 AMIs it okay to do eighth-eighth-eighth-half note-eighth?  I don't think I've ever seen that before while playing so I'm guessing there's something else you gotta do.
I think it would be eighth x 3, eighth tied to a dotted quarter, eighth.
Or the dotted quarter is a quarter tied to an eighth

Olimar12345

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 08, 2014, 08:23:31 AMI think it would be eighth x 3, eighth tied to a dotted quarter, eighth.

Correct! If we're talking about 4/4 time, that is!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!