Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I could see an equalizer working well
Cars usually have them so you could get the song onto an mp3 player and plug it into your car
unmotivated

King Sammer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 24, 2015, 01:38:31 PMI could see an equalizer working well
Cars usually have them so you could get the song onto an mp3 player and plug it into your car
I don't have a car!

However, the ONLY tool I have is Audacity...
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

AwesomeYears

Question time!

Are you allowed to submit a variety of small tunes from one game as one sheet? (Example, PMD1 Fanfares by Bespinben)

Sebastian

I was thinking the same thing. I think they should be individual sheets though. Examples: 1-Up fanfare by Deku; Super Mario Bros., Wii Channel Fanfare by Wiiman96; New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Open Note Door by me; Banjo-Kazooie, etc. I think they should be individual sheets. Maybe the sheet count (for submissions) can be increased if the song is like 5 bars or less. Because who wants to submit a sheet that is really really short that counts as a full sheet/song? If you know what I mean :P

Olimar12345

I wouldn't mind combining things like that into one arrangement if it's from the same game or something. I did with some pikmin arrangements on my page.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

^what Olimar said. As long as it's from the same game and it makes sense to group them together, sure go for it.

cashwarrior1

I have no idea how to change a .mus file into a .midi or a .pdf I am using Finale NotePad 2012 Because i have no money to get the 2014 edition. :P

Sebastian

To change to pdf, get PDF Creator.

To change to midi, click "save as" midi.

cashwarrior1

I tried to "save as" midi, but when i ran the file it said it didn't work. I'm using a Mac BTW.

NVM! I found out a way

Yug_Guy

Question:
So I noticed the complete utter lack of Pokemon Stadium songs and I thought I could maybe try some. I for sure want to get the minigame songs done, but a thought occurred about all the other songs:

The battle songs are either remixes of battle themes from R/B/Y like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Dl2rkmydk which sound the same as the original, and some are battle songs remixed from non-battle themes like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngyleisbQtE that essentially sound different from their original inspirations.

So, which songs could I arrange from Pokemon Stadium that don't sound exactly the same as from our R/B/Y section on the site? This has been bothering me for some time.

mikey

It should be okay to do the arrangement even if it's identical as long as you don't copy the one already on the site, at least from what I understand
unmotivated

Bespinben

Oh trust me, even a song like "Free Battle" has enough new material to rightfully deserve its own arrangement. Heck, even some of the harmonies are expanded (like the string backings in the first 13 seconds). Also, that timpani/drum combo? Oooh would I love some of that deliciousness in an arrangement.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

cashwarrior1

Why do I have a feeling I have to ask for my arrangement to be submitted?

Maelstrom

The process is slow and we only have so many updaters