Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

Okay, naming question for ya:
I'm not sure what to name this song. I could either name it "Palm Tree Paradise," which is the level it appears in, BUT it's also a secret unlockable within the sound room and has a couple names there. It goes by "Karaoke" (the only English name given), "Medamayaki" (the official Japanese name), or "Sunny-Side Up" (a translation of the official Japanese name). My question is: Which one should I use? (Super Mario Wiki page for reference)

Also: I'm for sure going to write the lyrics in here, so should I do Japanese, English, or both?

Winter

"The song itself it an extended version of the Palm Tree Paradise theme."

So don't name is Palm Tree Paradise unless you are only arranging the shorter part from the level itself. If you've arranged the extended one from the sound room then I'd go with Karaoke

Maelstrom

Here's a good question:
If a game debuted in Steam early access last year, but had the full release this year, which year should I use as the copyright date?

Olimar12345

Check the credits of the game and use what they put. If you can't find anything, just use this year.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

If the song is an extended version of Palm tree Paradise(haven't listened to it), you could write, under the tile as a subtitle,:(extended version of "Palm tree Paradise").

And as for lyrics, I'm not sure if it's a smart idea of writing it out, I mean it's a piano arrangement so it's rather unnecessary. But if you really want to I'd recommend using the English lyrics.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 18, 2015, 07:16:10 AMIf the song is an extended version of Palm tree Paradise(haven't listened to it), you could write, under the tile as a subtitle,:(extended version of "Palm tree Paradise").
And as for lyrics, I'm not sure if it's a smart idea of writing it out, I mean it's a piano arrangement so it's rather unnecessary. But if you really want to I'd recommend using the English lyrics.
Okay, having listened to it, the two versions are exactly the same. One isn't longer than the other. I'm thinking of having it as "Palm Tree Paradise," since the Karaoke version is just an "extra."

In regards to lyrics, I'm probably going to put the romanized versions similar to this. The only reason I'm doing this is because "Still Alive" and "Want You Gone" have lyrics in their arrangements.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Is the submission form still a thing? Or is it just all through the forum post now?
what is shitpost

Latios212

Submit through the NSM Panel, and a forum post is automatically created ^o^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Does anyone have a swing plugin for Finale Notepad 2012? The song I'm currently doing is in swing, and Notepad doesn't have automatic swing playback.

AwesomeYears

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=6421.0

The pictures needs to be updated to actually be viewable plus a few sentences needs changing due to updates to the system.

Olimar12345

Fixed, as well as the guidelines pic. Thank Jamaha next time you see him ^^
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 12, 2015, 09:42:45 AMFixed, as well as the guidelines pic. Thank Jamaha next time you see him ^^

Good job, but there are a couple of things that needs to be edited:

6. - Files
You need to upload a .mid file, a .mus file (no .musx at this stage, if you need one converted, PM me) and a .pdf file.

Should be something like:

6. - Files
You need to upload a .mid file, a .mus file, a .pdf file and optionally a musx. file.

Same with point 3. in replacement

I think the pictures are a bit wrong also since they doesn't include the musx. option.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Sebastian

Curious, are we gonna require musx in the future?
And where are musx on the site?

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 12, 2015, 07:33:59 PMCurious, are we gonna require musx in the future?

Probably eventually. Not sure, really. There doesn't seem to be a need for it at the moment. Maybe if they become more useful we'll start requiring them.

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 12, 2015, 07:33:59 PMAnd where are musx on the site?

There are no musx files on the site. Any files accepted stay in the database, but currently aren't hosted on the site.