News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

I would love to see new arrangements on site by Deku's ghost
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Bespinben on September 19, 2015, 09:46:39 AMHistory answers most of this question.

What did NSM do with my arrangements during my 2-year hiatus? Well, I had spitllama submit them for me in my absence:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4966.msg176629#msg176629

How did he know which to submit? Well, I made a list:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=4781.msg172341#msg172341

The difference with Deku's stuff is that we don't know if he wants his stuff submitted. This is a non-issue however, because a quick Skype PM can uncover his mind on the matter. As for which of his arrangements to submit, remember, only the items on MY list that were already NSM standard went through (my Primal Dialga solo never got on site, for example). Same would be true fo Deku's stuff.

So someone will have to use 1 or 2 of their submissions in order to submit Deku's arrangements, or?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

The process of submitting them won't be a problem, it's just the permission we need.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 19, 2015, 09:50:17 AMI don't know why Deku wouldn't want his stuff on.....he has 300+ arrangements on site. I wouldn't know why he wouldn't want the others on. Could you ask him, Bespinben?
The issue is, what if he doesn't want his stuff on the site and we put it up anyway. Sure, he happens to be a fairly specific case as a mod where that's probably not an issue, but we've already mentioned many times that this site is in a legal grey area. No matter how mundane the action might seem, we should always comply with somebody's request concerning their own work and efforts, and we should strive to never use their work without explicit permission first (i.e. in the form of a submission).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FruityCabbage

Can it be a single lined piece? I'm not great at arranging just yet and would like to start simple.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FruityCabbage on September 23, 2015, 11:53:11 AMCan it be a single lined piece? I'm not great at arranging just yet and would like to start simple.
Can you explain what you mean by "single lined?" It depends based on what you mean.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Zunawe

He/She probably means this. There are very few of those on the site, and they tend to only exist because the original pieces are simple enough to easily play with one hand. Given that the goal is accuracy and playability, you would probably be directed to having somebody collaborate on something with you. Perhaps create a topic for your arrangements so you can transcribe what you feel comfortable with, and then see if you can find somebody to complete the transcription. Over time you'll get enough practice to feel more comfortable with two hands. The people here will be happy to help you improve too.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Cobraroll

^Well... yeah.

At least, nice to miss a thread like this by just a little over a week, and then see that the Fixing Project in question is almost finished. Just had a look at the SM64 Fixing thread and saw most of the sheets were finished, with only a few in progress. That's remarkable! I know many users feel nostalgic for the "good old days", but really, things have never been as fast-paced around here as it is now. And the quality of the work... well, have you ever seen some of the older sheets? What we take as minimum requirements nowadays would have been a rare gem of excellent quality back then.

By the way, for the next project: Can I nominate something other than a game? If there's one set of sheets I feel should be given extra care, it would be Main Themes. The representative piece of music for the game as a whole should really be given a sheet of good quality. That's especially true for the "classics".

Then again, it's been a while since I've browsed the site archives thoroughly, so I'm not that sure on the need for a major fix for most of them. Still, just throwing suggestions out there.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Sebastian

Quote from: Cobraroll on September 30, 2015, 06:55:09 AM*Cobraroll's paragraph
Long time no see, Cobraroll!

I actually think that is a pretty neat idea. Doing Main Themes instead a game.

Tobbeh99

As you can see we allowed multiple games, if the amount of sheet was small enough. That way we can also fix up popular sheet from different games.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Yeah^
We could pick an extremely small game (consisting of approx. 5 songs) and do all the Main Themes.

Olimar12345

I moved this discussion so that the old topic may be archived.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 30, 2015, 09:34:12 AMYeah^
We could pick an extremely small game (consisting of approx. 5 songs) and do all the Main Themes.

Or a section, I'm thinking about Metroid and Castlevania, Starfox for example.

10/10 tobbeh