Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippit

It's not accepting the midi file I had... what do I do?

Olimar12345

Care to elaborate a bit? Perhaps post a screenshot?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trainer Ave

Can I submit songs from guitar hero? I know it is a game but the songs are copyrighted by people who have nothing to do with games.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 11, 2015, 07:03:58 PMCan I submit songs from guitar hero? I know it is a game but the songs are copyrighted by people who have nothing to do with games.

No licensed songs are allowed to be submitted.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

GuildmasterMusic

I use Musescore and can't purchase Finale at the moment. My music can meet all of the guidelines for submissions except I can't get a .mus file, but I can get a .xml, .mxl and .mscx . I can get a .midi and .pdf, just not the .mus

mikey

pretty much anyone would be willing to put it in finale format for you
another thing you could do is get Finale Notepad (which is free) and import the XML into finale yourself
unmotivated

Olimar12345

All three files must match, though. Once you have an mus file, you'll need to create a midi and PDF from it instead of what you were using prior.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

12Mari0

Can you use clapping, clicking etc. in your arrangements?
Mario: Some sort of superman who can smash bricks with his head. Dies when he touches a turtle. Nintendo logic.

Zeila

You can as long as you specify what it is. There have been some sheets with percussive notes that have been accepted as well. I don't think you are allowed to put invisible percussion in the midi file though

Sebastian

12Mari0

Mario: Some sort of superman who can smash bricks with his head. Dies when he touches a turtle. Nintendo logic.

Tobbeh99

I looked at the submission menu, or whatever to call it, and found that there are some consoles missing. Notably ps3, ps4, XboxOne, Ps Vita etc. Maybe adding some consoles there would be wise.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo