Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

maybe this thread is just outdated?  People don't seem to bother even looking at the earlier posts, which means it's not fulfilling its role...
unmotivated

Altissimo

right which is why it might be worthwhile to have it be a general discussion topic for in-progress arrangements imo

Olimar12345

Quote from: Altissimo on June 17, 2016, 04:44:58 PMis there any reason why this can't just be used as a general place to discuss in-progress arrangements?? Like why does it have to be one post per person, that seems to defeat the point, nobody in the world is going to look through this to see what edits people have made to their posts

this rule is 5 years old i mean i dont see any point for it to exist, there's no OTHER place where people can discuss what they're arranging, because nobody looks through arrangement threads regularly for that either

General submission talk goes here. Also, idk what you're talking about, I updated my post like yesterday.

Prepare for this place to be cleaned up here in a bit.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

I liked what people tried to do with this thread, but it's not easy going through all 5 or so pages to check if someone is doing one particular song. (I mean you could search but it's still annoying to check this thread every time you want to make an arrangement)

I rarely look at this thread. I didn't even know that's how it worked. I think it would be better for people to make a new post if they're arranging a bunch of stuff, so they can announce it so people know without having to check this thread for themselves.

I don't really know... My brain's not working as well as it normally does right now...
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

This topic is just here if you want to share what you're doing or are interested in seeing what others are up to. Nothing is preventing you from arranging whatever it is you want to do.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 17, 2016, 06:24:03 PMAlso, idk what you're talking about, I updated my post like yesterday.

I meant that nobody else regularly crawls this topic to see what others are doing.

WaluigiTime64

I almost never use this topic anyway, so I don't really care too much.
Besides, nobody's arranging Touhou music, so I don't have to care about that
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Altissimo

AwesomeYears

Is this a legitimate way to use crochets (or quarter notes) for the Db? I don't wanna look like a cheap-arse by taking the shortcut way if it is.

Olimar12345

It looks pretty weird. I'd separate it into two layers and make the D's quarter notes stemmed downwards.

Zunawe

So, concerning Shadow of the Colossus arrangements, the game's soundtrack was officially released under the name Shadow of the Colossus: Roar of the Earth. The CD included 7 extra pieces not released with the original game. One of those (Memories, which is currently arranged and on the main site) was included in the PAL release a year after Roar of the Earth came out. So, now the actual questions:

1. Roar of the Earth was published by King Records, and is the official listing of the song titles and such. The game itself was published by Sony Computer Entertainment. Should the copyright be "King Records", "Sony Computer Entertainment", "King Records/Sony Computer Entertainment", or "Sony Computer Entertainment/King Records"? (The game and soundtrack came out in the same year, so that's not different)

2. When I put the first arrangement up, it was decided that Kō Ōtani was the best (or at least most common?) way to spell his name. Ryan McGaughey's arrangements are both Kow Otani.

3. I assume all pieces (including ones not in the game, but on the soundtrack CD) are fair game?

I just want to make sure there's consistency before too many more arrangements make it up on the site.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

EFitTrainr

I move to have an official rule implemented that no sheet can be accepted without being uploaded through Zeta, and made available for public critique by the entire forum body.

It is unfair to the rest of us who are playing by the rules, and with such a large volume of sheets being involved in the unofficial project, he is taking time away from all of us.

Additionally, the public critique by Zeta posts enable a sheet to reach its maximum level of quality and accuracy, therefore adhering to the standards that users would expect from NinSheetMusic.
I like food.

mikey

I don't really understand what you mean :/
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

He's being anti-Unofficial Arrangement Project, because he thinks that:
a) The sheets will be of lower quality
b) It's unfair on everyone else