News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Audiosurf

Started by Requiem, April 02, 2008, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

Does anyone but me have this sweet game? I discovered it a while back when I was looking into Portal. It builds a custom track to a wide range of sound files, and lets you drive along the track for global high scores or just for fun. It's the ultimate use for any song collection! ;D

Here's a video of some gameplay: Poke---> :o

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

KefkaticFanatic

Audiosurf is insanely fun, just get the demo off steam and try it :D

I have yet to buy it as I'm broke.

me irl
[close]

Requiem

The demo only lets you play 3 or 5 songs I think. I was hooked so I had to buy the full version... :P
I even turn some of the MIDIs on NinSheetMusic into mp3s solely for surfing. ;D

Harvest

What determines what come up on the screen?

Is it drum beats?

EDIT:  I downloaded the demo, omg, its the biggest piece of crap I've ever played.  The squares are random, which is really annoying.  Uninstalled.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Well I know they aren't random, I played a bunch of Muse songs and it definitely went with the beat.  Heh, I even tried out TTFAF for fun.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Well they weren't entirely random, but they certainly were not going with the beat enough.
-

Requiem

I downloaded the demo, omg, its the biggest piece of crap I've ever played.  The squares are random, which is really annoying.  Uninstalled.

That's a shame you didn't like it. :-\

Some songs have a better beat on the track than others, and the blocks play with multiple instruments and not just the melody. Maybe it's just my extreme boredom that makes it more fun for me. :P

Super Zombie

I love this game! I got the demo and I'm still waiting to buy it like gamer. It's better than any of the other music games.

noxus21

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 03, 2008, 01:40:15 PMWell I know they aren't random, I played a bunch of Muse songs and it definitely went with the beat.  Heh, I even tried out TTFAF for fun.

muse you mean the same muse as knights of cydonia?

PianoMan

I need to know more about Steam.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: noxus21 on May 20, 2008, 05:48:00 AMmuse you mean the same muse as knights of cydonia?

Of course.

Quote from: PianoMan on August 01, 2008, 06:57:09 PMI need to know more about Steam.

www.google.com

(or www.steampowered.com if you're really hopeless)

me irl
[close]

Gooch

Whats up with the Magenta lettering ???

So, where does one find this demo (im far too lazy to look for it)

acropol

well I downloaded the full game, it's entertaining but hmmm something's missing to make it addictive.

PianoMan

So, If i downloaded Steam and got audiosurf, could I delete Steam and have Audiosurf? I'm not a big PC gamer...

acropol

Lolol I tried 'Follow me, We'll float away from here' by our fellow 'IAYD'

on Ninja Mono..

hahaha it's fking impossible to not touch any greys hahahaha

and Your save file has been corrupted, or something like that, is a descent to hell  :o lol