News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

[Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns - "Rocket Barrel"

Started by Dekudude, February 10, 2011, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Quote from: Shadoninja on February 25, 2011, 10:13:25 AMI'm fairly confident that you're mistaken about the key. I believe it's Bb minor and then changes to what appears to be C minor.
I'm also confident that bloop's statement of it being in 5/4 is correct. from what I've written down of it so far, it's in 5/4 for the first 8 measures and then switches to 4/4 for the next 8 and then repeats those two phrases.

here's what I hear though somehow the left hand eighth notes should be straight instead of swung.
You were error, but now it's fixed.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jub3r7

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 25, 2011, 12:52:17 PMYou were error, but now it's fixed.
Reference to error corrections by you in hurt and heal.
Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 25, 2011, 12:52:17 PMYou were error, but now it's fixed.
Reference to the fact that I fixed your post in the quote.
QuoteGive yourself more sleep
Reference to the fact that you stay on the computer until you fall asleep and always look tired on tinychat.

And also I'm tired and I want more sleep too.

Winter

Dekudude

What you have so far sounds really good. I never though about the bass going that way, but it seems to fit somehow. Bb is possible, but my key was based on what WIDI says.

Some parts of your arrangement sound a little questionable, but that could just be because we haven't embellished on the melody yet. Either way, your version is definitely better than mine, except perhaps for the key signature. (I hope I'm right about the key: 5 flats is evil)

Anyone else here have any ideas?

Bloop

For the 6th edit now, I have the first 2 pages with articulations, and other things. http://www.mediafire.com/?wxek886ntizlotu

Dekudude

This looks good. :) I'm thinking it would sound a lot better, though, with chords (in melody and bassline), and less staccato. Anyone here agree? Again, this song would be a lot better if, rather than trying to use just the original notes, we embellished on it, so it sounds just as good on piano as in a band.

Bloop

Quote from: Dekudude on February 26, 2011, 07:42:51 AMThis looks good. :) I'm thinking it would sound a lot better, though, with chords (in melody and bassline), and less staccato. Anyone here agree? Again, this song would be a lot better if, rather than trying to use just the original notes, we embellished on it, so it sounds just as good on piano as in a band.
Another option like that is that we making one who sounds like the real one for the site, and another one for an embellished one.

Jub3r7

When it repeats, maybe a few chords can be implemented for embellishments but it should still be playable.

Dekudude

Bloop: I'm not saying we should REMIX it or anything. I'm just saying we should add in notes so it sounds more like the original, even if those notes don't actually exist. For example, with the brass sections, the music sounds like it has a lot of chords and parts, even though--technically--there's just a B, or similar. I'm saying we should add in other notes to capture the full effect.

Bloop

Quote from: Dekudude on February 27, 2011, 12:59:47 PMBloop: I'm not saying we should REMIX it or anything. I'm just saying we should add in notes so it sounds more like the original, even if those notes don't actually exist. For example, with the brass sections, the music sounds like it has a lot of chords and parts, even though--technically--there's just a B, or similar. I'm saying we should add in other notes to capture the full effect.
Ok. :P

EDIT: Is this TO embellished?

Shadoninja

WiiMan96

Sounds good, but the bass still sounds a little weak in the 4/4 part in comparison to the original. Maybe that's a good place for those ragtime oom-pah chords?

Shadoninja

the first measure of the 4/4 should be half notes instead of quarter notes and tbh I don't think this piece as it is currently works with ragtime. also, in the bass of the last measure of the 4/4 should be E natural not D flat

Dekudude

That sounds really good, Bloop, but I agree that we need some oom-pah on it. Not so much that the song isn't the same, but enough so that the strong drive is still there. Consider the "pah" to be the snare in the original song.

EDIT - Also, I definitely DON'T think it's too excessive. If anything, it's not enough. The song is hardcore, so it needs a lot to feel full. You might want to make some of the chords 3-note instead of 2-note, and work on the bass stuff, but you've definitely got the right idea. You guys are all doing great!