Greg's Arrangements (12/3/2020 Paper Mario TOK: Vellumental Battle)

Started by Greg, March 13, 2011, 02:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Onsite Arrangements

Incomplete Stuff
Onsite
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Boss Battle (two pianos)MUS

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Peach's Castle (two pianos)MUS
Yoob's BellyMUSXMUSPDF

New Super Mario Bros.
Walking the PlainsMUS
World 1MUS
World 8 (two pianos)MUS
Walking the Hot DesertMUS

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Staff Roll (two pianos)MUSXMUSMIDPDF
Staff RollMUSXMUSMIDPDF

Super Mario Galaxy
Cosmic Mario (two pianos)MUS
CreditsMUS

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
PictoChat (two pianos)MUS

Kirby Air Ride
City TrialMUSXMUSPDF
FireMUSXMUSPDF
Metal (two pianos)MUSXMUSPDF
City Trial Properties GraphMUSXMUSPDF

CrossCode
Battle 1MUSXMUSPDF
Hack Your Way!MUSXMUSPDF
Valse d'AhogeMUSXMUSPDF
Lea!MUSXMUSPDF
Boss BattleMUSXMUSPDF
ImprovisingMUSXMUSPDF
Raid (two pianos)MUSXMUSPDF
Shizuka (two pianos)MUSXMUSPDF
Exponential GrowthMUSXMUSPDF
Battle 3MUSXMUSPDF
First Scholars (two pianos)MUSXMUSPDF

Deltarune
Rude Buster (two pianos)MUSXMUSPDF

Celeste
Scattered and LostMUSXMUSPDF
Celestial Resort (Good Karma Mix) (Two Pianos)MUSXMUSPDF

Paper Mario: The Origami King
Vellumental BattleMUSXMUSPDF

Korados

Welcome to NSM and thank you very much for these! You did a great job here so far, but in Walking the Plains some of the very high and low notes look very messy, maybe you should use 8va's and 8vb's for that. ;)

Greg

Quote from: Korados on March 14, 2011, 02:13:20 AMIn Walking the Plains some of the very high and low notes look very messy, maybe you should use 8va's and 8vb's for that. ;)

I'll take a look at that... once I get back from school  :P
Thanks!

DonValentino

Well... First of all: Hi, and welcome!  :)

You did a nice job with those arrangements! But I agree with Korados, some parts are messy and need octaves! Anyways, nice arrangements; and better than my first ones, trust me...  ;D

Sekter77

These are pretty good! I do have a few specific criticisms, but I'll share those when I can make a closer comparison between your arrangements and the originals. There's nothing really wrong with the arrangements, but there can still be improvements on it.

Also, New Super Mario Bros is a great choice for game music! It's got some pretty interesting, yet underrated tunes. So, thanks for your contributions to that section!
Guitar and video games.

Jub3r7

You can read .mus files by downloading Finale Reader here.

Although if you want to be able to edit any sheets, you can download a free 30-day trial of Finale Notepad.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Greg

Glad people like the arrangements.  ;D

I'll get around to adding Midis... eventually :P

Sekter77

Ok, here's a few of my observations:

For both of your arrangements, there are some parts that could use harmonies. Measures 10 and 14 in your Map arrangement specifically. There are only a few parts (mostly the vocal parts) in "Walking the Plains." They're not really necessary, but it adds a little bit of extra depth to the arrangement.

I think that the synth vocal parts in "Walking the Plains" would probably sound better raised up an octave too.

In Measure 26 (and the other measure like that), the A should come on the 'and' of beat 2 instead of beat 3.

And last, starting from Measure 31, the right hand part of Piano 2 sounds a little off. I recognize the part you were trying to transcribe from the original and I think there's a few notes missing and a couple of incorrect rhythms.

Anyway, these are just suggestions so feel free to disagree with any of them.
Guitar and video games.

Greg

I see what you mean... not entirely sure what to do about the percussion though, as it seems to be an integral part of the arrangement.

Not sure what you mean by "synth vocal"... sorry, I'm sort of new to finale  :-\

I'll get around to fixing these sometime... but I'm working on the world 3 map screen, which is problematic because of sound effects  :P

Winter

Greg

Thanks winter, now I get it  :P

Yes I am arranging for piano.

Sekter77

Quote from: gzgregory on March 15, 2011, 07:25:07 AMNot sure what you mean by "synth vocal"... sorry, I'm sort of new to finale  :-\
Sorry if I was confusing. I just meant the parts that sounded like a choir (or whatever) in the original song (they're usually G's in your arrangement I think). I just thought that they might sound better an octave higher.
Also, I wouldn't mind fixing the percussion part in Piano 2 if that's ok. I think I got the rhythms picked out, I'd just have to get the pitches figured out.

Quote from: gzgregory on March 15, 2011, 07:25:07 AMI'm working on the world 3 map screen
World 3 map sounds like a good piece for piano too! It's very relaxing. Good luck with it.
Guitar and video games.

Greg

Quote from: Sekter77 on March 15, 2011, 12:06:30 PMAlso, I wouldn't mind fixing the percussion part in Piano 2 if that's ok. I think I got the rhythms picked out, I'd just have to get the pitches figured out.
Go ahead and edit it if you like. :)

JDMEK5

I'd like to check these out but I can't read .mus files.
Could you post the midis as well?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Greg

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 15, 2011, 06:23:16 PMI'd like to check these out but I can't read .mus files.
Could you post the midis as well?

OK, finally got around to adding midi... hope you like them  ;D

EDIT: added "World 3- The Beach Map screen"