News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaFan

Quote from: Ruto on January 31, 2015, 10:59:00 PMThey film movies near where I went to school all the time and I never see anyone famous xD But someone saw Helen Mirren riding the subway today so maybe I just don't recognize people at all.
If anyone has seen/heard of High School Musical 2, the country club scenes were filmed in my hometown (St. George, UT) and one of my schoolmates met Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu at a restaurant. That's as close as I get LOL  :P

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 01, 2015, 04:38:31 PMIf anyone has seen/heard of High School Musical 2, the country club scenes were filmed in my hometown (St. George, UT) and one of my schoolmates met Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu at a restaurant. That's as close as I get LOL  :P
the high school in footloose is in utah-my mom's actually :D
unmotivated

DrP

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 01, 2015, 04:38:31 PMIf anyone has seen/heard of High School Musical 2, the country club scenes were filmed in my hometown (St. George, UT) and one of my schoolmates met Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu at a restaurant. That's as close as I get LOL  :P
Ooh. That's exciting. I guess living in California has kept me oblivious to these things happening (it's ridiculously common to see some movie/tv star).

Zac Efron was a common siting in the town where I went to school (since he's from there), but also his younger brother went there (who I know -- he was on the group trip I went on to China back in 2012). I've met them both many times (mostly at KAO parties)

InsigTurtle

The area I live in also has a lot of filming action. A few scenes from Godzilla were shot relatively close by, as long as a few parts one of them Twilight films. But I don't recall seeing any celebrities.

SuperFireKirby

The only movies of note filmed in my area in recent years was the original Punisher movie with John Travolta and Spring Breakers, which was awful. There's a lot of notable punk bands from the area though so I sometimes see those guys at shows and stuff.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

Amish Mafia was filmed at my cousin's friend's barn.......

That doesn't count for anything, does it...

FireArrow

The horror movie signs was filmed in the same town my grandmother lives in - I also watched it there ;-;.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

blueflower999

I think everything M. Night Shyamalan films was done in that general area. They're all garbage films too except Sixth Sense supposedly.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dudeman

The coach in Hoosiers (the actual guy, not the actor) was my dad's driving instructor in high school. That's as close to a movie as I'll ever get.  :P
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on February 01, 2015, 07:07:53 PMThe horror movie signs was filmed in the same town my grandmother lives in - I also watched it there ;-;.
We watched that movie in theology class lmao it was hilarious

FireArrow

I watched it as a wee lad and was traumatized. ;-;
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

Rewatch it now and be embarrassed at your younger self for being the tiniest bit scared

AwesomeYears

I don't think I have met any movie stars before, just Australian TV people, authors and Tony Abbott (that was at the MH370 memorial service where my choir sang at)

DrP

The partner (the head manager) on my client walked up to me and gave me a ticket to a hockey game this Saturday.

Apparently some people from the client will be there plus 2 CFOs of Fortune 500 companies. Plus, it's in one of the boxes, so we're gonna be eating and drinking all night!

I AM SO THERE!

blueflower999

The answer to Final Jeopardy tonight was "Ronald Reagan" and it totally made my day.

I am way too addicted to this show
Bulbear! Blueflower999