News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

FierceDeity

Maelstrom

Someone made a string quartet version of one of my arrangements.
https://musescore.com/user/998006/scores/1075461#comment-1114126

FierceDeity

1. Idk what you think qualifies as a string quartet, but they typically have string instruments in them :P

2. How did this person get so lazy with copying that they didn't realize the ostinato pattern in the bass lasts two measures before repeating?
Like, that's not even taking a liberty with the arrangement, it's just an arbitrary, unnecessarily reductive change

3. I might actually die of boredom playing the clarinet or bassoon parts

4. CLARINET AND BASSOON IN MEASURE 33, 35, 37??!??!??!??!??!??!??
THE BASSOON LITERALLY BREAKS INTO FOUR VOICES AT ONE POINT
THERE AREN'T EVEN USUALLY THAT MANY BASSOONS IN A FULL ORCHESTRA
LET ALONE A WOODWIND QUARTET
WHICH, BY DEFINITION, WILL ONLY HAVE ONE OF EACH INSTRUMENT
EVEN THE BASSOON PLAYER MOST SKILLED IN EXTENDED TECHNIQUES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THAT MANY VOICES USING HARMONICS
AND EVEN IF THEY COULD, IT WOULD SOUND LIKE TEN THOUSAND MOSQUITOES SCREAMING IN AGONY AS THEY'RE SMOTHERED TO DEATH BY TWO MORTALLY WOUNDED HOGS ENGAGING IN THE ACT OF LOVEMAKING ONE LAST TIME BEFORE THEY SAY GOODBYE TO THE CRUEL, CRUEL WORLD THAT ALLOWED FOR THIS ARRANGEMENT TO EXIST
FRANKLY, THIS IS JUST ABSURD

...ahem.
Considering you posted this in the MMD thread, sorry if I'm shitting on your parade, mael. It's always nice to see one's own arrangements being put to use. I just honestly don't understand why somebody with no apparent knowledge of arranging or woodwind quartets would decide to make a woodwind quartet arrangement. What do they gain? I'm all for educational experiences and/or performance opportunities, but I really don't see how this would have fostered either, considering it's A: unperformable and B: lazily copied at most parts, DGAFed at the rest

/rant

Maelstrom

Probably B.
To tell the truth, I didn't even zoom in far enough to see what instruments there were, much less know what any instrument can play in the first place.

Nebbles

So, Otakon was rad.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mayastarr041

Finding my new favorite bands made my day. Just jammin them on full blast, rocking on!
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mayastarr041

Avenged Sevenfold
and decided to check out
Dream Theater.
They both rock! All this time, I've been listening to pop trash (Justin Bieber, One Direction...... :/)
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Dude

FierceDeity

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 27, 2015, 07:20:33 PMAvenged Sevenfold

MUST HAVE STABBED HER FIFTY FUCKING TIIIIIMES

(actual video optional; I'd recommend listening without visuals at least once at first, part of the experience for me was just listening to the lyrics and getting a tattered idea for myself of how truly fucked up the song is haha)

bloop where you at, we're talking a7x over here

braix

Bloop has that A7x merch im jelly
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bloop

Guyz you at different time zones I'm sleeping at 6-7 AM

Yahp A7x merch :3 A flag, fingerless gloves, a hat and a sweater (which I recently found again but it's summer)