News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Saw this on George Takei's Facebook Wall... mmd.

Since we're on the topic of Canada today, here's a gem:

And God turned to Gabriel and said: "I shall cre­ate a land called Canada of out­stand­ing nat­ural beauty, with majes­tic moun­tains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhab­i­tants pros­per and call them Cana­di­ans, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all peo­ple."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "Is this not too gen­er­ous to these Cana­di­ans?"

And God replied, "Just wait and see the neigh­bors I shall inflict upon them."

Also, on the topic of Canada (and for Roz)

I saw a dude wearing a shirt with a picture of Jack Layton's face on it, a bit artsy with lots of orange highlights (you know, for NDP) -- it would have made your day.

spitllama

Quote from: DrP on April 18, 2012, 12:03:29 PM"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "Is this not too gen­er­ous to these Cana­di­ans?"

And God replied, "Just wait and see the music artists I shall have born from their people."

Fixed
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

Nebbles

A joke told by someone in my Sociology class: "Why did the Native Americans beat us to America? They had reservations."

I laughed really hard omg
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Bought myself Super Mario Galaxy 2! Slightly disappointed that they removed the stars from particular letters in the title. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on April 18, 2012, 02:52:24 PMBought myself Super Mario Galaxy 2! Slightly disappointed that they removed the stars from particular letters in the title. :P

slowpoke.jpg
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Wrydryn

Quote from: Nebbles on April 18, 2012, 01:36:21 PMA joke told by someone in my Sociology class: "Why did the Native Americans beat us to America? They had reservations."

I have to remember this one, it's just too great.

Raymondbl

Quote from: Nebbles on April 18, 2012, 01:36:21 PMA joke told by someone in my Sociology class: "Why did the Native Americans beat us to America? They had reservations."

I don't get it.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

spitllama

They beat us to America because they had reservations, like reservations for a restaurant.

However, they were forced to live on areas called reservations once the white man came and started taking all their land.

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Fuckin' white people

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

You guys will love this joke.

When Beethoven passed away, he was buried in a churchyard. A couple days later, the town drunk was walking through the cemetery and heard some strange noise coming from the area where Beethoven was buried. Terrified, the drunk ran and got the priest to come and listen to it. The priest bent close to the grave and heard some faint, unrecognizable music coming from the grave. Frightened, the priest ran and got the town magistrate. When the magistrate arrived, he bent his ear to the grave, listened for a moment, and said, "Ah, yes, that's Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, being played backwards." He listened a while longer, and said, "There's the Eighth Symphony, and it's backwards, too. Most puzzling." So the magistrate kept listening; "There's the Seventh... the Sixth... the Fifth..." Suddenly the realization of what was happening dawned on the magistrate; he stood up and announced to the crowd that had gathered in the cemetery, "My fellow citizens, there's nothing to worry about. It's just Beethoven decomposing."
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on April 19, 2012, 01:50:02 PMYou guys will love this joke.

When Beethoven passed away, he was buried in a churchyard. A couple days later, the town drunk was walking through the cemetery and heard some strange noise coming from the area where Beethoven was buried. Terrified, the drunk ran and got the priest to come and listen to it. The priest bent close to the grave and heard some faint, unrecognizable music coming from the grave. Frightened, the priest ran and got the town magistrate. When the magistrate arrived, he bent his ear to the grave, listened for a moment, and said, "Ah, yes, that's Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, being played backwards." He listened a while longer, and said, "There's the Eighth Symphony, and it's backwards, too. Most puzzling." So the magistrate kept listening; "There's the Seventh... the Sixth... the Fifth..." Suddenly the realization of what was happening dawned on the magistrate; he stood up and announced to the crowd that had gathered in the cemetery, "My fellow citizens, there's nothing to worry about. It's just Beethoven decomposing."
Ba.

Ba ha.

Bahaha.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Raymondbl

lol nice but I don't like the idea of Beethoven becoming a feast for bacteria :(

Brilliant idea though. 

There once was a brilliant violin maker by the name of Oppurknockity.  A violinist found one of his violins, and it was amazing, tone, clarity, etc. The only problem was that the "A" string kept going out of tune.  He had a lot of difficulty finding Oppurknockity's house on a mountain, but in the end he brought it to him and asked "Hello Mr. Oppurknockity, I have one of your violins here, and it's really good.  The only thing is the A string keeps going out of tune.  Could you fix it?"  And Oppurknockity says "Oh yes, this is one of my better violins, I can fix it for you." The violin was fixed, but after going out Oppurknockity's house he tripped, and the violin hit the ground.  Later, the E string kept going out of tune.  So he went back to Oppurknockity.  Oppurknockity refused, saying "I'm sorry, I want to help you, but Oppurknockity tunes but once." 

Oppurknockity tunes but once.

If you don't get it,  there's a saying "Oppurtunity knocks but once."     Now they switched it to "Oppurknockity tunes but once."

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 19, 2012, 01:56:45 PMBa.

Ba ha.

Bahaha.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

-_- okay that punchline is sosososososo overused....
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 19, 2012, 02:16:12 PM-_- okay that punchline is sosososososo overused....
yes it is. So I wasn't the only one who noticed.