oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

^yeah heard about it, imho it's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Kman96

I'm gonna be in Oklahoma city June 21-25, jus so anyone knows...I don't think anyone from NSM lives there, tho...
Party Hard!
[close]

DrP

Quote from: spitllama on June 03, 2012, 04:28:35 PM^^ Love Anchorage.

So I dunno if you guys have heard about this, but Mayor Bloomberg of New York is attempting to ban sugary drinks above 16 oz. The best parts of the whole deal are his quotes:

"They can still sell 32 oz. of the sugar drink to you, but they'd have to put it in two containers."

"We're not taking away anybody's right to do things, we're simply forcing you to understand that you have to make the conscious decision to go from one cup to another cup."

Oh wow.
Bloomberg is a douche. This is going to be totally wasteful. He's just doubling the amount of cups going to be sold.

Also, that means no more Venti drinks at starbucks with syrups inside. (How would that work... there is not the same amount of sugar in a 20oz Dr Pepper and a 20oz Vanilla Latte)

AND

Why aren't they going to be banning Diet drinks. They are so much worse for a person than a normal soda with sugar. All those chemicals and stuff...

spitllama

Ikr? Hmm obesity problem and wasteful usage of plastic.

Solution: let them still drink the same amount but double plastic usage xD
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Saria

Quote from: Mashi on June 03, 2012, 02:15:43 PMOh right, I have to buy Ruto and Saria ice cream.
Totes worth it though.
I prefer Takoyaki. =) Besides, I bet there's no Takoyaki where you're living. Ice cream is everywhere.

Mmm...yummy.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

SlowPokemon

Ohai you! Dropping by again? :J
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: spitllama on June 03, 2012, 06:40:20 PMIkr? Hmm obesity problem and wasteful usage of plastic.

Solution: let them still drink the same amount but double plastic usage xD
Yep...

The latest thing in San Francisco is... BAN the cups. You gotta bring your own to get stuff. I wonder how fast food places will enjoy people walking in with a cup and just stealing the soda! hahaha.

SLO is at least helping reduce waste by banning plastic bags starting in October... well, they aren't banned, but they would cost $.10 per bag. It's turning into China.

KefkaticFanatic

Ah sorry saria, I tried takoyaki the other day and turns out I don't like it o;

me irl
[close]

Zunawe

Some of the major stores here are giving discounts for using your own bags. It's slowed down a little.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Ruto

Quote from: spitllama on June 03, 2012, 04:28:35 PM^^ Love Anchorage.

So I dunno if you guys have heard about this, but Mayor Bloomberg of New York is attempting to ban sugary drinks above 16 oz. The best parts of the whole deal are his quotes:

"They can still sell 32 oz. of the sugar drink to you, but they'd have to put it in two containers."

"We're not taking away anybody's right to do things, we're simply forcing you to understand that you have to make the conscious decision to go from one cup to another cup."

Oh wow.

Hahaha XD I don't know anyone who drinks that much soda in one outing, I can't even do something like that...he's right though, getting a new can of soda after having finished one already makes me feel like a pig.

Quote from: DrP on June 03, 2012, 05:01:55 PMWhy aren't they going to be banning Diet drinks. They are so much worse for a person than a normal soda with sugar. All those chemicals and stuff...

Agreed.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 03, 2012, 08:54:24 PMAh sorry saria, I tried takoyaki the other day and turns out I don't like it o;

Fine, more takoyaki for me.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on June 04, 2012, 01:07:20 AMHahaha XD I don't know anyone who drinks that much soda in one outing, I can't even do something like that...he's right though, getting a new can of soda after having finished one already makes me feel like a pig.
I can generally finish two Trenta teas with no problem whatsoever. I can be like Frank the Tank from Old School... except I'm Nik the Tank... it doesn't rhyme though.

Ruto

xD wow...I'm not a health nut, but I still think drinking that much sugar is a bad idea. Plus, the waste thing, why not just bring the cup back for a refill?

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on June 04, 2012, 01:38:35 AMxD wow...I'm not a health nut, but I still think drinking that much sugar is a bad idea. Plus, the waste thing, why not just bring the cup back for a refill?
WOAH!

I DON'T get it sweetened... it's just iced tea... gosh
well, I only get it with one pump of raspberry on occasion... that's like 12g of sugar and 30 cal per 30 oz.

Ruto

Haha, I'm not singling you out. But it's funny that the mayor wants to resort to this to stop people from drinking so much sugar. After getting back to NY, I just realize how much fatter people are here o__O

They don't even sell 20 pc chicken mcnuggets in HK and I can still see the chicken-ness or bread-ness in the stuff they serve there. Here, it's kind of crap XD The meals people order there only come with a medium drink (only about 8 oz if you take out the ice). I think there are large drinks but I don't see anyone order them. I think limiting the size of the food really helps.

spitllama

I dunno, I kind of have to laugh cause it's like, can't we just make the conscious decision as an adult to not buy an excessive amount of soda? I don't really like the idea of someone telling me what I can and cannot buy. I suppose they could encourage us not to consume that much soda, but really banning it seems over the top.

America, land of the free!... but you can't drink sodie-pops over 16 oz. xD
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012