News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Zunawe on September 18, 2012, 05:38:32 PMI never took the class, so I don't have exact details as to why the answer was what it was, but it was something like:

What does this seatbelt law mean?
a. All passengers in the front seat must be wearing a seatbelt at all times, and any child must be in restraints in any seat.
b. All passengers must wear a seatbelt at all times.
c. other stuff
d. moar stuff

And a was the correct answer. I don't know, and I don't really care. I passed.
So that means that if a person is considered over 12 (or is it 18...) they dont have to wear a seatbelt if they're not in the front seat?

Zunawe

I would doubt that strongly. What I think they mean is that children (they gave an age of like 8 or under) must be wearing a special harness orrrrrrrrr. . ? I really don't know.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

Children under a certain hieght or weight must be in a seat or some other special carriage, not in a seat belt. After a certain age or if they exceed one of the former they must wear seat belts, though each state has differing seat belt laws.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

But then why "all passengers in the front seat must be wearing a seatbelt at all times" instead of "all passengers who are in the front seat or not a child must be wearing a seat belt at all times"? It basically excludes anyone over the age of 8 in the back seat, but I know what you mean about the carriers.

MaestroUGC

Children aren't supposed to be in the front seat to begin with, because the air bags are a hazard to them.

Bubbles

No I mean what if youre not a child but not in the front seat either?

MaestroUGC

Well, I can't speak of other states, but here in Texas all passengers are required to where a seat belt. That test seems to indicate that adults in the back seat aren't required to wear seat belts.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 18, 2012, 06:06:58 PMChildren aren't supposed to be in the front seat to begin with, because the air bags are a hazard to them.
In my father's truck, on the shade/mirror thing-that-you-can-pull-down in front of you (can't think of any specific name???), on the reverse side of the mirror, there's a sticker that says, 'All children must sit in the back seat'...
It's a two door truck...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

It probably says that on the visor because a law or some regulation as means of a reminder.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 18, 2012, 06:43:58 PMIt probably says that on the visor because a law or some regulation as means of a reminder.
I know. :P It's still humorous in a truck like that because there IS no backseat.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

Yugi

Quote from: Mashi on September 20, 2012, 08:08:17 PM
Yay, you used my Quote.
It's last day of School term, so we are watching movies all day.

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

MassiveMayhem

In my TV Productions class, the globecaster computer was broken, (this machine controls everything when it comes to cameras, green screen, and all that good stuff, so it's important). We had to get a chip replaced for it and it costed the station $500, but at least it's working now so we can start filming again!
I also got two staff positions in the class: Music/Audio Director and Special Events Coordinator. So I'm pretty busy!
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

FallenPianist

I learned something today. Microsoft have an awesome customer service! My mouse broke, and with a 5 minutes call I got a new one free (without even needing to send them my old one).