News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 22, 2012, 11:59:29 AMThat movie I saw in art class in high school. It's the one where there the girl's parents turn into pigs, right?
yeah, that's the one. Classic.
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kman96 on November 22, 2012, 11:48:36 AMI actually have not seen Howl's Moving Castle, but based on these comments, it appears that I must. So, until I do, I must state that my favorite Studio Ghibli film is Spirited Away. Loooooooovveeeee it.
Spirited Away. YES.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MassiveMayhem

I thought Spirited Away was my favorite then I saw Howl's Moving Castle then I was like nope this is my favorite.
I don't know it's the overall story and characters, and of course the music<3
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are about equal for me. I think HMC is more easily likable, but there's a lot more emotional depth in Spirited Away.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Howl's moving castle is definetly better. Fsm, watch the english dub because its also better.

These are both facts

SlowPokemon

No, it's not definitely better.

MoboMoga

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 22, 2012, 06:50:34 PMFsm, watch the english dub because its also better.

Yes I prefer English ver. of it. But English sub is MUCH more better for Spirited Away.
Howl's contained an other-worldliness factor. It seems there is something in it that's really magical, yet if someone were to say the movie was real, I would sort-of have believed it.

SlowPokemon

Hmm I liked the english dub of spirited away, there was no one noticeably bad.

Bubbles

So this Thanksgiving I got together with my little cousins, and as it turns out, they've seen just about every one of the Studio Ghibli films. We fangirled/boyed about Howl's Moving Castle, and then sat down and watched The Secret World of Arrietty together. After that, something random came up and I asked one of my cousins what region a certain Pokemon was from, since I blanked and forgot. Not only did they tell me the region, but its EXACT National dex number, type, and a basic range of its height and weight. I asked him some more, and he knew just about every Pokemon's number. He then got confused when I thought that was incredible, saying that hes "been involved in Pokemon for two whole years".

My cousins are 5-9, and they're amazing

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 23, 2012, 08:32:37 PMSo this Thanksgiving I got together with my little cousins, and as it turns out, they've seen just about every one of the Studio Ghibli films. We fangirled/boyed about Howl's Moving Castle, and then sat down and watched The Secret World of Arrietty together. After that, something random came up and I asked one of my cousins what region a certain Pokemon was from, since I blanked and forgot. Not only did they tell me the region, but its EXACT National dex number, type, and a basic range of its height and weight. I asked him some more, and he knew just about every Pokemon's number. He then got confused when I thought that was incredible, saying that hes "been involved in Pokemon for two whole years".

My cousins are 5-9, and they're amazing
Except for maybe two or so Pokemon from Gen. 2/3/4 (especially with 2 and 3), I can name what generation they're all from... :P And type for all, except 5 or 6. :P

Not much more than that, though. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Me too, but up until last night I thought the Houndour/Houndoom was Hoenn. Whoops

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 23, 2012, 08:38:56 PMMe too, but up until last night I thought the Houndour/Houndoom was Hoenn. Whoops
With all of the cross-generation evolutions (e.g. Magnezone) it becomes slightly more difficult. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Bubbles

Haha yeah slows right. I usually just remember them from the order they came out, but since I got started with Hoenn games the earlier ones are a bit foggy. I think having Houndour in Pokemon Colosseum was what messed me up, since 90% of my favorite Pokemon are from Hoenn and Houndoom is one of them