News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

FUCK YES FOR OLD-STYLE BATTLE MODE IN MARIO KART 8!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DrP

So apparently I have 11 holidays I need to use by the end of June... because I worked for my firm for a specific amount of time and the amount of hours needed.

In any case, I essentially have 10 paid days off! I am super excited!

So I have a random week the 3rd week in June to do nothing! Though I wish I had like $2,000 to go to Vancouver or Montreal or even Taiwan or Hawaii for a week.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 30, 2014, 04:31:40 PM"The" big band tunes? Like, from Nintendo?

I am also interested in the answer to this question.

In other news, wow I went an entire year without doing, like, any music collaboration with anyone at my university other than stuff for my classes. But within the past week I've been asked to:
-play trombone for my friend's film project
-play trombone for somebody's recording project (for which I got paid!!!)
-play the euphonium part to Holst's second suite for my band director's conducting class
-do a wind arrangement of some song for a friend (really not sure on the details yet)
-score somebody's intermediate film

I mean, like, I'd have appreciated this more if it weren't so close to finals, but still, this is pretty awesome :D

BlackDragonSlayer

I like submitting morbid and/or very weird sentences on my Spanish tests. For example, on the latest test there was a writing section where the directions said to complete the sentences using the past perfect. This was my answer to the final sentence:
Cuando le envié a mi amigo mi último mensaje de correo electrónico, él ya había muerto. (which means "When I sent my friend my most recent email, he had already died")

I don't know why I find that slightly humorous (I suppose it could be considered non-sequitur humor), but I just do. Perhaps because I know my teacher will read it?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FierceDeity

Nice, haha. What was the question/given part of the sentence?

When I took AP, the teacher had a really good sense of humor, so I would always do dgaf stuff like that. I would try to incorporate something about cats into every answer, and it would never make any sense, but he'd have to give me credit because it was correctly written/spoken. I just loved it because, like, this was my fourth year of learning a language, and so I was pretty good at it, but continued just using a word that pretty much everybody knows. I got him to crack up so many times during oral competitions and shit, it was great.

Although my friend did take the cake for making that teacher laugh the most. He was having us improvise a story by him asking us questions, and it'd gotten to the point where there was a male and a female in the story (I forget the exact parameters), and the guy was in the bathroom for some reason: "¿Qué estaba haciendo en el baño?"
"ELLA"
The teacher's face turned bright red and he just turned away from the class and started laughing his ass off, and barely even managed to correct him: "¡A ella!"

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 04, 2014, 09:40:16 PMNice, haha. What was the question/given part of the sentence?
"Cuando le envié a mi amigo/a mi último mensaje de correo electrónico..."

I couldn't really think of anything else for the answer. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ruto

I would raise my hand to get called on, so I would get to pick whoever has to say the next sentence. It just so happened the next sentence was "I shave my legs" and I had picked a guy to say it. Hahaha.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

braix

Yo abro la clase de espanol pero no comprendo espanol bien. :(
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Quote from: zoroark1264 on May 05, 2014, 05:55:15 PMYo asisto la clase de espanol pero no comprendo espanol bien. :(
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MasterProX

So I took my AP Environmental Science Exam today...

...I think I passed.

braix

Quote from: MasterProX on May 05, 2014, 09:45:57 PMSo I took my AP Environmental Science Exam today...

...I think I passed.
YAY

Maelstrom

Got my first sheet accepted onto the site!

ETFROXX

All done with schoolwork! One more class where I have to turn stuff in and I'm HOME FREE.

mikey

Quote from: ETFROXX on May 06, 2014, 08:28:11 AMAll done with schoolwork! One more class where I have to turn stuff in and I'm HOME FREE.
I know the feeling
Just gotta finish 1 question for 1 essay and I'm done!
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: ETFROXX on May 06, 2014, 08:28:11 AMAll done with schoolwork! One more class where I have to turn stuff in and I'm HOME FREE.
I'm Homeschooled so I had 90% of my work done 2 weeks ago.