News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

TESLA JUST RELEASED THEIR ELECTRIC CAR PATENTS TO THE PUBLIC. THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

Even without the title "All Our Patent Are Belong To You", I respect Tesla even more as a company, now. It's always nice to see a company that actually places importance on the "goal" of their product, rather than trying to smother their competition.

Maelstrom

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 13, 2014, 02:17:14 AMTESLA JUST RELEASED THEIR ELECTRIC CAR PATENTS TO THE PUBLIC. THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

Even without the title "All Our Patent Are Belong To You", I respect Tesla even more as a company, now. It's always nice to see a company that actually places importance on the "goal" of their product, rather than trying to smother their competition.
Now imagine if EA or ROVIO had that attitude.

DrP

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 13, 2014, 02:17:14 AMTESLA JUST RELEASED THEIR ELECTRIC CAR PATENTS TO THE PUBLIC. THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

I knew about this for a while (Tesla is our audit client -- so I hear things before they are announced -- I just can't say anything until the announcement)

Elon Musk is understanding that we need to focus on a greater good for the planet. Unfortunately, given the car industry's current state, it will take a few years (the car industry is generally 5 years behind the rest of the normal market). I'm excited to see what happens with it all. Maybe BMW will change their i3 and now companies can make all electric cars with long ranges and now can use the "Tesla Standard" for charging and supercharging.

I just wish I had enough money to get a Tesla. And I see so many (because I live like 15 miles from the factory).

Zunawe

The Steam summer sale just started. Because spring = summer. They're doing some interesting things this year.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Waddle Bro

It's almost 1:30 AM and I'm just playing progressive house and drumstep while making a snackmin the kitchen. No one's awake to tell me to turn the volume down.

This feeling is amazing.

fingerz

Quote from: Zunawe on June 19, 2014, 12:05:38 PMThe Steam summer sale just started. Because spring = summer. They're doing some interesting things this year.
Hahaha! Steam sales. My friend tells me that's when Steam literally rips people's wallets out of their pockets. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

FierceDeity

Quote from: Zunawe on June 19, 2014, 12:05:38 PMThe Steam summer sale just started. Because spring = summer. They're doing some interesting things this year.

Well, the northern hemisphere's summer solstice (i.e. "middle of summer" astronomically) is in 2 days, so... :-\
(Also, just looked it up, apparently the US's "starting point" for summer is on memorial day weekend, which was a couple weeks ago, so...)

Maelstrom

Mirror's edge for $5.00 again, but only for another hour. Highly recommended at that price. Is there a steam sale thread somewhere?

Zunawe

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 19, 2014, 04:45:36 PM(Also, just looked it up, apparently the US's "starting point" for summer is on memorial day weekend, which was a couple weeks ago, so...)
Never heard that. Just saying that they're starting it really early this year.

During the summer sale, you can see big games for half off, and a ton of indie and older games for less than $10. When you see something for $3 with a score on Metacritic over 85, why not?

There's no thread. No need for one really. If somebody wants to recommend or ask about a game, they could post in the "What are you playing right now" thread.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

I got my braces off (again)! Y'know what that means... watermelon gum
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 24, 2014, 05:07:36 PMI got my braces off (again)! Y'know what that means... watermelon gum
You'd better give me some. I'm getting mine off this Thursday.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Currently exchanging emails with Chad Seiter, a.k.a. the creator/arranger/orchestrator/music director/pretty much fucking everything behind the Zelda 25th Anniversary CD and everything else involving the Symphony of the Goddesses. One of my dad's coworkers happened to be good friends with him, and so now I'm getting to talk to the guy, pick his brain, and maybe even come in some day and watch him work (HE'S CURRENTLY DOING A SIMILAR THING FOR THE POKEMON SERIES, MY GOD).

THIS IS AWESOME

(for those of you unfamiliar with his work, I'll just leave this here.)

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 26, 2014, 11:28:47 PMCurrently exchanging emails with Chad Seiter, a.k.a. the creator/arranger/orchestrator/music director/pretty much fucking everything behind the Zelda 25th Anniversary CD and everything else involving the Symphony of the Goddesses. One of my dad's coworkers happened to be good friends with him, and so now I'm getting to talk to the guy, pick his brain, and maybe even come in some day and watch him work (HE'S CURRENTLY DOING A SIMILAR THING FOR THE POKEMON SERIES, MY GOD).

THIS IS AWESOME

(for those of you unfamiliar with his work, I'll just leave this here.)
WHAT WHAT WHAT
lucky
unmotivated

Sebastian

Cool! What is/was your Dads job?

braix

All right. I got a pre-owned Fender Squier for 70 bucks.
...I have no idea how to play these things though. I'm so confused.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.