News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on August 04, 2014, 11:44:35 PMSame with me, except I ended up with no group. The academic side of school, oddly enough, is what's exciting for me this year. I actually get to learn something, unlike the shit they feed you freshman year.
Being a sophomore is still pretty boring, unless you take chem a year early.
it's when you get through most of precalc that the stuff starts happening
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 05, 2014, 09:04:57 AMBeing a sophomore is still pretty boring, unless you take chem a year early.
it's when you get through most of precalc that the stuff starts happening
I'm taking Chem + algebra 2. The way I look at it, if it's not geometry, it's good.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on August 05, 2014, 10:30:23 AMI'm taking Chem + algebra 2. The way I look at it, if it's not geometry, it's good.
chem is pretty fun
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 05, 2014, 10:38:55 AMchem is pretty fun
My school is infamous for having terrible Chem teachers. :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Zunawe

Calc is where math actually actually gets cool.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Mashi

math actually never gets cool

Bloop

I actually like math ;_;

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bloop on August 06, 2014, 07:15:29 AMI actually like math ;_;
Same. Math is awesome. As long as you avoid people who like to debate about .9 repeating, 0, and 1.

Bloop

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 06, 2014, 07:29:55 AMSame. Math is awesome. As long as you avoid people who like to debate about .9 repeating, 0, and 1.
.9 REPEATING IS 1

Maelstrom

I was talking about the "theory" that since there are no number.s between an infinitely repeating .9 and 1, 1-.9 repeating is exactly equal to 0 with no rounding

Mashi

a triangle can have three right angles

Maelstrom

Then it is not a polygon.

edit: Unless you are really bad at counting.

Mashi

The definition of a triangle is a simple closed figure that contains three angles and three sides.  A triangle's angles will always add up to 180 degrees on Euclidean Space, which only encompasses 2D surfaces.  But the real world is 3D, so if you draw the image of a triangle onto a sphere, its angles will add up to a number unequal to 180.

come on guys, do you think i would ever be frivolous for no reason???  im frivolous for frivolous reasons only

Waddle Bro

Mashi