News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 06, 2015, 11:37:34 PMyayaya move up here before housing really starts to spike because it def will
It's already doing it. I've been looking at houses since I started college.

If I sell my property in Virginia, I'll be able to put a down payment on a house up to 1.2 million, but a house I could afford would be around 650k, which can get a nice 3br in Seattle.

Ruto

I think it's possible to use strawberry for the pink, some vegetable/mint/plant for green, chocolate for brown, cinnamon for "spice", and orange for orange if you don't want to use artificial dyes. Of course, I'm still tempted to be lazy and cheap and use the packaged food coloring.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

InsigTurtle

Quote from: DrP on January 06, 2015, 11:53:18 PMbut a house I could afford would be around 650k, which can get a nice 3br in Seattle.
Wow. Vancouver's (BC) average house price is about 1mil now for a meh-sized house... I might need to consider moving somewhere else :P

Also. Why not matcha for green? It makes a pretty vibrant colour.

Those poképuffs sort of remind me of macarons... or mini cupcakes... I need to stop before I get hungry...

Nebbles

I think they're a mixture of sorts of macarons/cream puffs, since I think those are popular in France?

And matcha DOES make a beautiful green, but you need to love green tea flavor or else it'll be pointless. But I love me some matcha.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

Vancouver has been rekt by Chinese investors I've heard.  Though I also I hear there's a lot of good authentic foods and shops with the huge Chinese population.

I like matcha but I seem to dislike it and any other tea once you ruin it with sugar, which is what happens with all of those matcha flavored goods :x

me irl
[close]

Ruto

I think matcha is a great idea actually! It's definitely the right color, but the game called them mint puffs :o But there's no way mint would look like that...!

Since someone brought up macaroons I remember seeing rose flavored pink ones and pistachio green ones. But I can't make macarons so I think maybe I'll have someone ship over a crate of them from a McDonalds in France. I was told theirs were good for the price and definitely good enough to pass off as my own attempts.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

I've made macarons once before in a cooking class, and they're definitely a lot of work. Very delicious, but tedious.

DrP

Quote from: InsigTurtle on January 07, 2015, 01:00:35 AMWow. Vancouver's (BC) average house price is about 1mil now for a meh-sized house... I might need to consider moving somewhere else :P

Also. Why not matcha for green? It makes a pretty vibrant colour.

Those poképuffs sort of remind me of macarons... or mini cupcakes... I need to stop before I get hungry...
Yeah, and you can use red cabbage for red food coloring and other things for other colors. It doesn't add much flavor since you make the dye from a special immersion process.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 07, 2015, 01:29:06 AMVancouver has been rekt by Chinese investors I've heard.  Though I also I hear there's a lot of good authentic foods and shops with the huge Chinese population.

I like matcha but I seem to dislike it and any other tea once you ruin it with sugar, which is what happens with all of those matcha flavored goods :x
Yeah. Pretty much. Vancouver is heavily Chinese and many rich Chinese investors coming into Canada by buying real estate and buying their visas/citizenship in Canada. Though the food would be good, I would rather live in a place with more white people.

blueflower999

I saw like five new pages on this thread and thought that someone started a flame war, but nope it's just baking. Good job guys.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 07, 2015, 01:05:12 PMI saw like five new pages on this thread and thought that someone started a flame war, but nope it's just baking. Good job guys.  :D

Do you want me to start a war? I can do that! XD
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Nebbles

ThatGamer

Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: DrP on January 07, 2015, 12:15:14 PMThough the food would be good, I would rather live in a place with more white people.

Heh, the reason I didn't end up going to school in Colorado was because I thought there were too many white people :B

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 07, 2015, 01:46:05 PMHeh, the reason I didn't end up going to school in Colorado was because I thought there were too many white people :B

Aren't you white? Isn't that technically being racist to yourself?