News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Maturity is for little kids
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ZeldaFan

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 25, 2015, 11:36:55 PM
Spoiler

See this? This is how it's supposed to fucking go.
One person makes a kind suggestion to help the other member improve their forum etiquette without sounding condescending.
The second person listens to the advice and rather than argue, accommodates the idea without making it personal.

[hopefully] obvious examples of what not to do: "why the fuck do you keep posting?" "I'm fucking sick of getting a notification every time, just fucking leave"
"um, i dont see a moderator status above your username, so im just going to keep doing this."
"I don't see anything wrong with making 5 posts in a row." followed by "Sorry! I just have so many things to say." followed by ";)"

less obvious examples maybe? "Can you fucking stop? There's an edit button for a reason, moron."
hmm, this person makes me feel terrible. I can either accept what they're saying, because I deserve it and I'm a shitty person, or I can imagine that they are the scum of the Earth trying to tell me what to do, and so what they say doesn't really matter.

posts that are solely "..." or maybe just a single emoticon to express your feelings also aren't necessary. Use your posts to contribute something meaningful, and try to be accepting of others even when they aren't of you.
Don't imagine the worst possible thing someone might mean to say about you, consider other alternatives, whether what they are saying might be sarcasm or not, or maybe even a joke.
"was that post sarcasm" - posting that without a quote makes it hard to understand your context, and generally, you should learn to read sarcasm for yourself.

People will use sarcasm, make jokes, be an asshole, or use time dilation to mess with you, often at your expense, but if you respond by biting back, you will often look like a culprit rather than a victim. Even if that's not the case, be nice to one another, and Respect Concerto's Authoritah!

[close]
Thank you

This post made my day!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Jub3r7

Quote from: Saria on February 25, 2015, 11:59:56 PMAwe that reminds me of NSM when I first joined. We were all nice lil kiddies.

Ahaha South Park reference. "Why are you disrespecting mah authoritah!"
Now that you mention it, I guess it is a South Park reference. I was trying to reference Concerto's custom title, but I guess I made a reference to a reference.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nebbles

I did something I was a little nervous about, but was able to get over it. I'm getting a little more confident!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: Nebbles on February 26, 2015, 04:42:50 PMI did something I was a little nervous about, but was able to get over it. I'm getting a little more confident!
That's awesome!

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on February 26, 2015, 04:42:50 PMI did something I was a little nervous about, but was able to get over it. I'm getting a little more confident!
such vague
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Sebastian

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 26, 2015, 08:52:19 PMsuch vague

Long story short, I got the nerve to tell the friend (who I am also friends with) of the guy I like that I like him and asked for general advice etc., and now I feel more confident about the whole situation, and I've got the support of this friend and whatnot. So things are looking good on my end about a possible relationship in the future.

the_last_sheikah

Good for you Neebles, hope it all works out for you.  :)
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Gotta keep my fingers crossed. Friend says there's definitely a possibility here, just gotta keep hanging out with cute guy friend.

Sebastian

Lucky!
Hope everything works out! :)

DrP

Got a bunch of stuff that my family sent from my dad's house.

I got a really, really, REALLY nice espresso machine!! One step below professional. And a coffee grinder that's ridiculously heavy! Both made in Italy!!

Now I just need to magically make space in my kitchen for everything else!

Ruto

Quote from: DrP on February 27, 2015, 09:35:05 PMNow I just need to magically make space in my kitchen for everything else!

*throws out the oven*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.