News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Imo, it's not as good as Trials and Tribulations or Rise from the Ashes the first game.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Yug_Guy

Graduation was today. It is truly a liberating experience.

Saria

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 07, 2015, 08:27:55 PMImo, it's not as good as Trials and Tribulations or Rise from the Ashes the first game.

Yar Trials and Tribulations and Dual Destinies are good!! You have to play these, Trains!!
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Ruto

Quote from: Dude on June 07, 2015, 07:05:49 PMyaoi

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hands were one of the first things I had to learn to draw well xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Yugi

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 07, 2015, 07:08:24 PMYes yes YES!
Highly recommend this one. I greatly enjoyed this game :)
Are there any Mario games you don't recommend?

InsigTurtle

Hotel Mario? Mario Teaches Typing? Mario's Time Machine?

Maelstrom

Super Mario Sunshine?

Sebastian

Quote from: Yugi on June 08, 2015, 12:41:21 AMAre there any Mario games you don't recommend?
Hmmmmm.....well I highly recommend RPG and some others but just recommend most of the others.
I've played all but like 3 or 4 of the Mario games.
I've played about 30% of the Zelda Games.
And only 1 Pokemon game. BUT, when I start getting a steady income, I hope to play ALL of the games from these 3 series. :)

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 08, 2015, 12:51:12 AMHotel Mario? Mario Teaches Typing? Mario's Time Machine?
^

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 08, 2015, 07:27:27 AMSuper Mario Sunshine?
I enjoyed Sunshine :P
It might not be some people's cup of tea but I like it.

mikey

unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Dude on June 07, 2015, 07:05:49 PMyaoi
Are they supposed to be human? They all have hands like Mr. Fantastic, what with their unusual stretchy-ness.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

I think part of the reason Sunshine wasn't as popular is because people didn't go into it expecting it to be that hard. Nobody shits on the Lost Levels for their difficulty, because that's basically their entire draw. Meanwhile, Sunshine came after SM64, which, while definitely not the easiest game in the series, established an expectation for less punishing gameplay in the 3D mario games. And Sunshine just went ahead and thoroughly shat on that expectation. This is made even worse for people who play it retroactively, as anyone used to Galaxy will feel even more alienated. Which is kind of frustrating, as I loved sunshine, and would definitely like to see more Mario games with a similar level of challenge, but that doesn't seem very likely.

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 08, 2015, 12:01:28 PMand would definitely like to see more Mario games with a similar level of challenge, but that doesn't seem very likely.
You're right. All the recent Mario games have been fairly easy (both Galaxies, 3D Land & World for example)
Maybe the Super Mario Sunshine 2 will be nice and hard again ;)

Waddle Bro

Couldn't really give less of a shit if it's just a remake of the original, like with Wind Waker HD

MaestroUGC

I've said this numerous time during my ongoing LP:

Sunshine isn't hard, it's just frustrating due to the broken physics. That also makes it the most enjoyable free-roam Mario game.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.