News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2015, 12:52:29 PMDone, finished, yippeeeeeee

I have received my BSEE :D
Congrats! Very happy for you! :)

KefkaticFanatic

Thanks guys :D  I got myself a graduation present too ;)

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 18, 2015, 03:34:17 PMThanks guys :D  I got myself a graduation present too ;)

Spoiler
[close]
Nice. Really nice.

FierceDeity

So, I don't know if I mentioned this on NSM, but near the end of last semester I was applying to be a summer RA (SA) at my school so I could stay in NYC for my internship without having to pay for room and board. And unfortunately, I didn't get it; I was placed as an alternate. As it didn't say until the very end of the application that students at some abroad sites would have a harder time getting it, and I didn't get back from Prague until the end of their SA training week, I like to think that's why, but there's no way to know for sure.

Anyways, fast forward to now, a really close friend of mine is an SA, and one SA in his building had to leave short notice, so they had to look in their pool of alternates for a new one. Apparently they hadn't even considered me at first, because they for some reason thought that my original application said that my internship was a 40 hour week (it didn't, and it isn't), but my friend recommended me and clarified that for them when they asked. And now after a pretty short process (found out about it three days ago, had a phone discussion about my schedule yesterday, had an interview today), they ended up choosing me!

This is great for a couple of reasons.
1. My current housing doesn't have air conditioning (or even screens on the windows to keep bugs out). In the summer. In NYC. The room I'm moving into does.
2. My current room is a triple; my new room will be a single.
3. I'm currently paying way too much for a 3-person, single-room, no-AC room and 8 meals a week; I'll now be paying nothing for room and board for the rest of summer!!!
4. Not only is that close friend an SA in my new building, but the other SAs are pretty swell, too. they may be the ones I played smash and got drunk with that one time

Hoorayyyyyy

ZeldaFan

As a person who is about to move into student housing, that is AMAZING

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Hero of Trains

That's awesome! Congratulations!
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 23, 2015, 09:23:48 PMSo, I don't know if I mentioned this on NSM, but near the end of last semester I was applying to be a summer RA (SA) at my school so I could stay in NYC for my internship without having to pay for room and board. And unfortunately, I didn't get it; I was placed as an alternate. As it didn't say until the very end of the application that students at some abroad sites would have a harder time getting it, and I didn't get back from Prague until the end of their SA training week, I like to think that's why, but there's no way to know for sure.

Anyways, fast forward to now, a really close friend of mine is an SA, and one SA in his building had to leave short notice, so they had to look in their pool of alternates for a new one. Apparently they hadn't even considered me at first, because they for some reason thought that my original application said that my internship was a 40 hour week (it didn't, and it isn't), but my friend recommended me and clarified that for them when they asked. And now after a pretty short process (found out about it three days ago, had a phone discussion about my schedule yesterday, had an interview today), they ended up choosing me!

This is great for a couple of reasons.
1. My current housing doesn't have air conditioning (or even screens on the windows to keep bugs out). In the summer. In NYC. The room I'm moving into does.
2. My current room is a triple; my new room will be a single.
3. I'm currently paying way too much for a 3-person, single-room, no-AC room and 8 meals a week; I'll now be paying nothing for room and board for the rest of summer!!!
4. Not only is that close friend an SA in my new building, but the other SAs are pretty swell, too. they may be the ones I played smash and got drunk with that one time

Hoorayyyyyy

get smashed
play sm4sh
unmotivated

Dudeman

Got a call a few minutes ago from the lady in charge of hiring at the local grocery store that I applied to (it's Safeway, if you live in the West). I went in for an interview on Monday and she said she'd let me know if I got the job by Friday. Well, she just called and scheduled me to come in early-ish Monday morning for the obligatory drug test and paperwork stuff I think. She never said the word "hired," but considering I've been called back and they're putting me on file, I'm 99% sure I have a summer job!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dudeman on June 26, 2015, 03:15:50 PMShe never said the word "hired," but considering I've been called back and they're putting me on file, I'm 99% sure I have a summer job!
Nice!
Isn't it a bit late for a summer job?

ZeldaFan

That is awesome Dudeman! In my experience, employers hardly ever use the word "hired" anymore... I'm not really sure why. But it would be REALLY NICE if they would, so you would ACTUALLY KNOW IF YOU GOT THE F*ING JOB
-sigh

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 26, 2015, 04:49:02 PMIsn't it a bit late for a summer job?
Only if I lived in Australia.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

KefkaticFanatic

Have a 150+ mod setup with Fallout New Vegas

and it's stable

praise the Bethesda engine gnomes

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Quote from: Hero of Trains on June 24, 2015, 09:46:59 AMThat's awesome! Congratulations!
Quote from: ZeldaFan on June 24, 2015, 06:10:24 AMAs a person who is about to move into student housing, that is AMAZING

Thanks guys :3

Winter

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 26, 2015, 10:20:13 PMHave a 150+ mod setup with Fallout New Vegas

and it's stable

praise the Bethesda engine gnomes

151 mods if you count yourself