News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FierceDeity

does this make kefka mew

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 26, 2015, 10:20:13 PMHave a 150+ mod setup with Fallout New Vegas

and it's stable

praise the Bethesda engine gnomes
In anticipation of Fallout 4, or just because?
what is shitpost

KefkaticFanatic

I never actually finished New Vegas, and 4 plus the fact that I have a short window of free time before starting work reminded me of it :P

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

The job is mine!! :D

Training is tomorrow. get hype
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dudeman on June 29, 2015, 10:08:55 AMThe job is mine!! :D

Training is tomorrow. get hype
Congrats!
In other news, I may have a potential piano gig at a dinner party. Play for an hour, get paid (~$50).
what is shitpost

Jub3r7

on the topic of mods, I'm completely new to them and was just trying to get some basic mods for Morrowind.
First was code fixer, then better bodies, then Graphics and Sound extender - which looks like it included the first two as part of a bundle. now morrowind won't launch and maybe i should just start over and only run the third one?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Zunawe

Convenience tip: Avoid installing multiple mods without testing the game between each installation. Make sure to follow the recommended load order on the mod's info page too. Mods that include other mods should not overlap too. So if you have a mod that specifically says that it includes another, don't install that other one. So it sounds like you only need the Graphics and Sound Extender.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

KefkaticFanatic

Yea, the best way to combine mods is if you're using a premade guide that has already tested your combination extensively.  If you start just installing whatever looks good you're bound to end up with some sort of conflict or terrible error that will cause errors, crashes, or the game to not even load.  Usually there will be some sort of compatibility guidance on individual mod pages, but I find that it's honestly just easiest to find somebody's overhaul modding guide and go from there.  It already takes long enough just to install them so I would rather not spend the time troubleshooting.

me irl
[close]

Zunawe

Also, if you're not already using it, Nexus and the Nexus Mod Manager are nice, and tend to have a wider selection for some of the bigger games than the Steam Workshop (esp. Skyrim, and probably other TES games).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

KefkaticFanatic

There is better mod management software out there, but NMM will suffice for some casual modding on the scale of just a few tweaks.

me irl
[close]

Jub3r7

NMM was installed on the computer but the top-rated mods were generally executables/installers and I'm more familiar with unzipping things manually than NMM.

The good news is I googled the error code that came up and after scrolling through a bunch of complicated fixes that sounded pretty awful, I found a fix that was just "run it through steam" as opposed to running it through the desktop or windows explorer.
(It works!)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jamaha

Quote from: Jamaha on March 01, 2015, 08:04:22 PMLife is amazing and everything is great.

That's all.

I miss this guy.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

Quote from: Jamaha on July 04, 2015, 08:31:17 AMI miss this guy.

Yeah, me too! D: You missed all my awful jokes about Finland!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.