News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: GaryOak on October 24, 2015, 07:38:07 AMLol yea that would be interesting. But if you're really coming to Finland someday I think I'd be up for something like that.

Time to mention that I found a travel buddy and a place to stay in Finland. Aiming for January...but I gotta book soon!

I don't have time until next, next week to stalk ebay listings. If you'd like to watch some for me in the meantime, and pm me the second there's a really good deal, I could probably do it.

Yeah I know 5000 card lots seem thrilling, but remember that not only are cards heavy, but also keep in mind how much you're spending :P I'm not made of money and I think that there's so much I can spend on fun. Also, I have to buy the plane ticket.

screencap of an old 10k card listing
[close]

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

GaryOak

Ok! I'll try and see if I find any good looking deals. I'm not too sure how much I can spend either lol, that $80-90 for 1000 cards you mentioned earlier sounded pretty good to me since the cards I've bought in Finnish market have been a bit pricier than that.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

ZeldaFan

Finally finished my Master Chief suit
Spoiler
[close]

I'm so proud of myself ;D

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Ruto

Quote from: ZeldaFan on October 31, 2015, 03:15:14 PMFinally finished my Master Chief suit
Spoiler
[close]

I'm so proud of myself ;D
Wahhh that's nice. Better than anything I made all year D:

Related: In Hong Kong, I was really thinking about buying a piece of leather for crafting. It's the side of a cow, but it's huge and I would have to cut it up to bring it back. I don't know if anyone is interested in using leather for a costume accessory, but it would be nice to split that cost (I wanted it for a Link costume). A whole piece is about $110 USD which is much cheaper than any leather you can get here for some reason. It has more than enough to make several costumes.

Quote from: GaryOak on October 30, 2015, 04:48:38 AMOk! I'll try and see if I find any good looking deals. I'm not too sure how much I can spend either lol, that $80-90 for 1000 cards you mentioned earlier sounded pretty good to me since the cards I've bought in Finnish market have been a bit pricier than that.

If you can, buy the sets that are no longer in print. For obvious reasons. I have tons of cards from before 2000...your best bet is to win an auction from someone putting up their old collections online because you don't have to deal with the bullshit of 1 rare per 50 or 100 cards (remember you get 1 rare per 10 cards in a normal booster). That's what the big sellers do to make a profit from cards. If you win the auction, send me proof :o then we'll negotiate from there xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

Someone's gonna use my arrangement of Snowy to perform in their university's game orchestra concert thingie in December! :D
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Nebbles on November 03, 2015, 12:59:24 PMSomeone's gonna use my arrangement of Snowy to perform in their university's game orchestra concert thingie in December! :D
Duuuuuuuuuuuude!

My only question is, where can I buy tickets?

Olimar12345

BS'd my paper to death. I can stop worrying about it C:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So this is a mix of both "Made mah day" and "rant/my life sucks".
I performed the first movement of the Pathetique sonata on Sunday. I went to a shop labeled "Classic Pianos".
And they had a f***ing Bosendorfer Imperial.
Y'know, the 9 1/2 feet long one, with 97 keys as opposed to 88? Yeah, that one.
That said, I didn't play well at all.
But then, I was approached after the concert and offered a masterclass with a local pianist, Michael Allen Harrison.
Not sure how much it'll help, but it sounds awesome.
what is shitpost

braix

Woah he has a Wikipedia page. That must mean that he's famous
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

XD I just felt like including it. He's not super well known but he's a great player.
what is shitpost

ZeldaFan

Went on a date tonight, and there will be a second :D

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

So, I just got my ACT results today. I'm really mad that I didn't get a perfect score. I guess I'll just have to live with a 35... ;D
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheDreamingHawk

Had one of the best days in a long time. Studied super hard in school, finished up some big assignments, got good grades for said assignments and I didn't get stressed for once! Just got time to sit down and relax with some Mega Man Legends, so overall I'm happy that I'm not worried or stressed about anything for once. (I usually have stress or worries mainly regarding my friends from school and if they are safe and whatnot but today they are having nice days as well and next week one will even be coming over to play PSMD with me!) Tomorrow I'm going to a retro game store to check things out, so hopefully i'll find a good deal as well!

EDIT: Well thanks a lot Television news stations for ruining my mood... Why did the best day in a while for me had to be ruined because of horrible actions around the world? Gah... Still leaving the above up, as I HAD a good day until recently when I learned.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming