Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

FANCY!! Why don't we have that? Oh, wait, it's because we're out for 4 days at a time due to snow... -_-
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bubbles

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 10, 2016, 03:35:52 PMNever heard of Reading Day, but these past few days, there's been no school due to inclement weather.
lucky. I almost died today trying to get to school in the morning snow/crazy drivers bc the Catholics refused to cancel on Ash Wednesday

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

dying T_T Ben you are a saint
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

I got chills and almost started crying at that why is Ben so amazing
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

i cried too
first your braix drawing and now this
y is my life gr8
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

I'm doing a performance + recording of Onett with friends for my audio post production class, and I'm super excited.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Nebbles on February 11, 2016, 04:28:37 PMI'm doing a performance + recording of Onett with friends for my audio post production class, and I'm super excited.
Nice!
Quote from: braixen1264 on February 10, 2016, 08:39:49 PM
made mah year
[close]
Ben, you are too amazing. XD Wow, just another example of how awesome the NSM community is.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Hero of Trains

Yay! People being awesome!

And that's great, Nebbles! I'm sure it'll sound quite good.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Nebbles

Pianist Da Sootopolis

GL Nebbles!

Just saw Deadpool today. Hilarious movie XDD
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

So in about a month and a half, the composition department at my school is putting on an "arrangement recital" where the students in the society of composers make arrangements of pieces instead of composing something. I'm making a suite of Professor Layton pieces for piano, oboe, and cello (with myself performing the piano part) and today, I scheduled the first rehearsal. I only have the first four movements written out so far, but the rehearsal went very well and the other two dudes performing with me really like it so it completely made my day -- not to mention we met for the first time to rehearse on Tomohito Nishiura's birthday!

For anyone who's interested, the suite will consist of:
I. Professor Layton's Theme
II. Puzzles
III. About Town
IV. Folsense (this one went over really well today with the other performers)
V. More London Streets
VI. Misthallery's Many Canals
VII. Monte d'Or: City of Miracles
VIII. Labyrinthia
IX. Something from Azran Legacy, I'm leaning toward "The Snowy Peaks of Froenborg" or "Mosinnia, The Walled City"
X. Professor Layton's Theme

Obviously the reprise of Layton's theme will be significantly different from the first (I'm probably going to start it in the second half of the piece). I'm also thinking about making the Unwound Future movement a combination of "London Streets" and "More London Streets" since they're very similar and would complement one another well. I'm super excited--ever since I decided to go to school for music, my dream has been to perform Layton music. So happy it's finally going to happen.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Oronoco

That sounds incredible. I'd love to hear it!

My composition department has nothing of the sort. I'm jealous.

EDIT: Visited a local market a few minutes before they closed for the weekend and walked away with my arms full of free fruit. Now I've been asking everyone I know if they want any. Want some bananas? I still have like fourteen left.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.