Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Made mah night: yesterday I finally got to sleep in a bed. With a pillow.
That was the best sleep I've had in 2 weeks
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Well, Jub, you managed to make my day with your profile impersonations! XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

We saw a grand total of FOUR trains on our trip! :o :o :o :o four smilies for four trains
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Oh! So last week, that arrangement recital I had posted once before about happened.

I had arranged a super big long thing for piano, cello, and clarinet--a big suite of Professor Layton themes. It was AWESOME, probably my favorite performance I've ever given, and a contender for my favorite arrangement I've ever made. It included:

I. Professor Layton's Theme (a piano solo arrangement, ending about halfway into the original track)
II. Puzzles
III. About Town
IV. Folsense
V. The Professor's Deductions
VI. Misthallery's Many Canals
VII. Monte d'Or: City of Miracles
VIII. Mosinnia, the Walled City
IX. Professor Layton's Theme (an improvised piano solo of Layton's theme before picking up where the first movement left off)

I should have the recording of it pretty soon, so if anyone is interested in hearing the performance, I'll post it in my arrangements thread when I have it!

It honestly was such a magical experience. The whole thing was like fifteen minutes, I was so happy and proud and just generally excited.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Oh, I'd love to hear!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Noted! The tech team has been super slow about getting files on the website lately...

Dudeman

Oh yeah, I remember you posting about that. That's awesome! Did you draw a decent crowd?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Ehhh the people in charge of advertising the recital didn't do a good job. But whatever. My friends came, and a ton of people were performing in it, so I think a lot of people got to hear it either way.

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, so I came in dead last for guys in the 2 mi today. But really, it isn't about placing, but pacing. (There were only 4 of us). Well, I was just looking to have an average race, maybe hang around my PR, but I didn't plan to exceed it. There were 2 runners from my school, and 2 from <rival school> (and all they do is long distance). Well, if you don't know, 8 laps on the track = 2 miles. I was beginning my 7th lap & the frontrunner (a <rival school> senior, I'm guessing) was about to lap me, as he was starting his final lap. Long distance races are more friendly than sprint, and so I was expecting the guy to pass me & say something like "You're doing good; you're almost there." Something like that. But he didn't. Bear in mind that if you're a good LDer, you start striding within the last 400 meters (last lap), but if you're average, you start on the last 100. (Some call the last 100 stride "sprinting".) Well, this guy started striding out behind me. I knew he was going to easily pass me, so I just prepared to keep my pace. Rather, I thought he was going to pass me. He easily COULD have passed me. But he didn't. Instead, he did something I've only seen/heard of in movies and stories. He didn't pass me. Instead, he yelled out "Alright, now you have 2 laps left. Stay with me!!" And of course, here I was, trucking along in my own comfortable (well, as comfortable as it was going to get for a 2 mi race) pace, and here he comes flying at my, going probably TWICE my speed.  Well, I obliged. I started matching him. At 100 meters in, he yelled out "Hey, what's your name???"
Me: "<my name here> Yours?"
Him: "<his name>!! It's nice to meet you!"
Me: "Same for you!!"
And we kept striding. Anytime I was about to fall out, he'd yell out encouragement & kept me going. And with about 150 meters left in that lap, he yelled "Alright, I'm about to be finished, but you have one more lap. I need you to dig in for me, and keep this pace. Don't slow down!!!" I matched his pace the entire lap. I about died afterward, but still, it was amazing that he did that for me. I never really get that type of support from my team. It's kinda "every man for himself" in the LD group.
^^^THIS made my first track meet of the season.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

pacing with someone else really pushes your limit
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

congrats slow I'm glad it went well for you :]]]]

also on another topic, really aced my big philosophy exam and reaaaaaally satisfied with my performance!! even though i've never really been the tryhard bookworm type, it felt really great to realize how far i'd come and that i wouldn't have made it there without trying my very best :]

Ruto

Quote from: Waddle Bro on March 30, 2016, 12:20:44 PMcongrats slow I'm glad it went well for you :]]]]

also on another topic, really aced my big philosophy exam and reaaaaaally satisfied with my performance!! even though i've never really been the tryhard bookworm type, it felt really great to realize how far i'd come and that i wouldn't have made it there without trying my very best :]

I'm not surprised :D You talked a lot about philosophy when we were hanging out hahaha I've never seen anyone actually interested in it :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dudeman

Check out these sick new badges yo

Thanks, Deku.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

gg now we dont have stars
i love it though
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.