News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

It probably wasn't the best idea, so I'm not going to do it again.

cashwarrior1

(Sorry for double post) Yesterday in History my friend was asked by the teacher to make questions for Kahoot (a "school" game) from the study guide. Today we played (to play you use a phone and answer multiple choice questions) and since I didn't have a phone, so me and her were on a team together. At one point, she said, "Wait until question 18," I thought it was going to be a hard question. When it came, it asked, "Which teacher is better? Our teacher or Karl Marx?" This stirred up lots of talking in the class as it was funny and one girl was a communist and thought Karl Marx was the better teacher. The communist girl thought that the teacher did it on purpose, but little did she now, it was my friend the whole time! Also, we had a sub, which is why she put that as the teacher wouldn't have known.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

You have been excused.

mikey

my frien d told me a secret once.  I still dont believe him
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

InsigTurtle

We did a lab today with esters. That was pretty fun.
Smelling them makes me want to make perfumes that smell more like the original object. Those strawberry-scented things do not smell like strawberry.

Ruto

It's probably because there are multiple scents in strawberries and stuff...still sounds fun though if you have a good sense of smell.

My most memorable undergrad labs were alcohol, alcohol...brewing and then distilling it several different ways. Then synthesizing drugs...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

InsigTurtle

The only drug we've ever synthesized in class was aspirin. That was interesting, so I'm thinking of pursuing it.

Ruto

They have this scented tissue in Hong Kong that they don't sell here. The apple one is the best, but they also have this jasmine one my sister likes. I don't think it smells that much like jasmine xD I would go nuts if it does. It's kind of weird looking for scented tissues to try in the stores but scented things really are some of the best things ever...

InsigTurtle

Mmm, I like scented things too, I have a bunch of scented erasers I got that smell like coke, and it's fun to sniff them occasionally. There's a lot of beauty products whose scents can be slightly disagreeable, but of course, there are always exceptions. Someone once let me use some of their lychee scented lotion, which I pretty much fell in love with.

AwesomeYears

Gonna see Snarky Puppy today at Melbourne! Woo!

Ruto

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 08, 2016, 11:44:21 PMMmm, I like scented things too, I have a bunch of scented erasers I got that smell like coke, and it's fun to sniff them occasionally.

XDDDDDD

I'll check my organic lab manual once I get it back. I also remember synthesizing nylon.

Oronoco

I loved esters in lab too, but mainly because of the way my TA pronounced "Bah-na-NA!"

After a month and a half without Internet, I finally have it again. (Yay!) All my priorities have suddenly done a Chinese fire-drill.

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.