NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetstar The Flygon

Just wanna know. :3

fabbemannen

havn't been in the mood for playing piano lately and now when I felt like playing again my printer broke...
I'm not so good at playing by ear on harder songs, and i don't feel like playing easier songs

MaestroUGC

I'm working my way through Chopin's Scherzo No. 2. Just a little something to help me unwind during finals week. It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be, then I agian the last time I looked at the music I had only just taken up the piano.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DrP

Lets See...

On Piano:
The King's Speech - Main theme from the movie (Desplat)
Piano Sonata No 13 in Bb (Mozart)

On Clarinet:

Poet and Peasant Overture (Suppé)
Concerto for Trumpet in Eb (Haydn)
First Suite in F (Ritter George)
This Welsh tune called "Rosymedre"
Seranata and Clarinet Candy (Leroy Anderson)
Relearning Circus Bee (Fillmore)
Cantina Band (Williams)
Living in the Past (Jethro Tull)

On Oboe:
Various Pokémon pieces until I am good enough/in tune enough to play in Wind O

Cobraroll

Age Of Empires II Menu Theme and Still Alive.

Those, as well of a bunch of other songs I got halfway into before I went into service.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Fleetstar The Flygon on April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AMRight now I'm trying to figure out Fur Elise. Kinda hard. Skipping around a bit. I love this one part where, in the left hand, you have to use 3 fingers on this one note... And when you stress the whole song, it sounds so moving... Well, what are you people learning?

Lol I HATE that song because A. it is SO EASY (no offense, you probably haven't been playing so long) and B. it is SO OVERPLAYED xD

I finished with the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows piano solo book by Alexandre Desplat which consisted of:
"Obliviate"
"Snape to Malfoy Manor"
"Polyjuice Potion"
"At the Burrow"
"Harry and Ginny"
"Ron Leaves"
"Godric's Hollow Graveyard"
"Ron's Speech"
"Lovegood"
"Farewell to Dobby"

Also working on Polonaisse by Chopin and Pineapple Rag as a two piano duet by Joplin.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 21, 2011, 01:10:56 PMThe King's Speech - Main theme from the movie (Desplat)

I will have to look that up because I loved Desplat's work on Deathly Hallows.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Fleetstar The Flygon

Offense not taken, because you're right... XD I'm a bit green.  :-[
Pineapple rag? I learned that song recently, (but it's most likely an easier version) and I really like Joplin!  ;D

MaestroUGC

I agree with the fact the Fur Elise is overplayed; that's why I play it in my own idiom, usually only barely playing from the orginal score.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Fleetstar The Flygon

I like playing songs that make people smile or grimance, or maybe even weep. :p

Greg

Hmm.
Debussy's "Pour le Piano", Chopin's Nocturne in C Minor, Ginastera's "Danzas Argentinas", Lizst's "Waldesrauschen", and The SMW athletic theme.

The last one is practically the hardest  :P

Jub3r7

I'm learning "May Song" from the blue Encore book, along with Prelude in F something...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Fleetstar The Flygon

I think I've been out-matched, 1 to 100! :o

Raymondbl

gregory which nocturne?  I've played the op 48 no 1 before. 

I'm playing Chopin's concerto 1, black key etude, rachmaninov's prelude in g-sharp minor, and some sightreading on Beethoven Pathetique and Pastoral sonatas.  I like sonatas with names :) 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Mashi

Piano-
Mary Had A Little Lamb

... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Clarinet-
Well, I was going Waltz Fantasy for this Clarinet Solo thing, except it's ridiculously easy.  But then again, I'm terrible at Clarinet anyways, so FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I am obviously not music savvy. :(

SlowPokemon

My first Chopin piece: "two preludes" as well as polonaisse
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.