News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Game music to exercise to?

Started by Cobraroll, April 28, 2011, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Because we NSM-ers are all playing video games, we're also all basement-dwelling nerds who never see sunshine and only get our exercise going to and from the toilet (not speaking for those of us who have replaced their comfy game chair with a toilet, of course). We're also musicians, meaning that we spend our little non-gaming time in front of a weird instrument playing songs nobody like, or have heard of, for that matter. The combination of the two hobbies, a game music obsession (a term that makes scholars cringe when they hear it, while psychologists get busy taking notes), obvoiusly mean that we are socially dysfunctional and never get to see other people face to face, and thus are almost certain to never exercise actively. ;D

However, should the unlikely situation arise that somebody forced us to do physical exercise, which game songs would fit the purpose as background noise to distract the mind from the gruelling pain? I know it's almost certain that none of us has tried it before, but if anybody have ever exercised to game music before, what songs did you listen to? Do you have any good suggestions? A link to the song in question would be fine.

Myself, I've tried a few songs:

The Anime version of "Kanto Gym Leader Battle" is excellent for push-ups or similar strength exercise.

SSBB's "Gourmet Race" is for when you really need to blow some steam.
In a similar vein, "Pokémon Battle Theme" (Animé version of RBY Trainer Battle) is great for high-intensity intervals, as it lasts for almost exactly one minute.

More to be edited in as I remember more. Do you have any ideas?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

fabbemannen

Well, I'm only a nerd part-time ::)

Gamesongs to exercise too...
Perhaps one of the newer Sonic songs? Like those from brawl, well actually a lot of the songs from brawl.
But I wouldn't really pick some old songs for this
Quote from: Cobraroll on April 28, 2011, 11:38:21 AMnot speaking for those of us who have replaced their comfy game chair with a toilet, of course
^this, epic

universe-X

Believe it or not, I have ran on the treadmill playing Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64, etc.

When I have my iPod with me, I listen to Nintendo (SMG, SM64, etc) music, or VGM remixes (OCReMix, Mario Paint, and what not). Epic ones.

Or when I feel like just walking, slow music (Dire, Dire Docks ; Space Junk) does the trick for me o:

Raymondbl

Sadly, some of those apply to me :( 

1.  I don't see sunshine much.  ONly excersise I do is 10 minutes on treadmill every few weeks and swimming 2-3 hours every week. 
2.  i am not socially dysfunctional though.  I am very good at how to deal with people, of course with the exception of NSM (dealing with 15 - 30 year olds), of which I have had no previous experience. 
3.  I am lucky, I have a hard wooden piano bench to practice with for a few hours every day, making me so uncomfortable as to do sit-ups every one in a while and crouch down to play instead of sitting.   It excercises my legs :) 

I don't need music, though, so I have no suggestions.  Except logically, a rhythmic piece with a tempo close to your cycle speed would be the best.  Which is why drums are a nice addition, though I personally dislike drums.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

DrP

Well, for game music...

I listen to the Spyro soundtracks, cause they usually have that "deep beat" found in techno songs and stuff.. otherwise look at OC Remix for the Pokémon Album. I jog to Game Corner, "Bullet for my Piloswine", Olivine Lighthouse, etc...

For GOOD music:
I listen to ZZ Top, the Killers and Muse when I exercise. I feel loud music takes away from the thought of working out.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

Guitar and video games.

DrP

Jub3r7

My friend said that he was running to the Pokemon theme song...
Since when is anybody not doing that? :/
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Raymondbl

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

DrP

SlowPokemon

My friend Mackenzie (who I met through Margaret) calls her MARGY. (pronounced like a J, guys)

MARGY. SERIOUSLY. And she thinks I'm weird for calling her Margaret...even though I have never heard anyone ever call her Margy xD

DrP

And Im still sticking with Maggie... cause all the Margarets I know call themselves that, so Im used to it!

SlowPokemon

Don't expect me to acknowledge anything you say about her... :D