News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Banjo-Kazooie-3DS

Started by Clanker37, May 21, 2011, 12:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

I must admit I'm rather stunned. But now it has been confirmed. My preys...have been canswered. The proof is here:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/21117/news/will-rare-make-banjo-kazooie-3ds/

http://www.cubed3.com/news/14855

Please excuse me while I dance to the moon

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Rare editorBanjo-3DSie confirmed! Although by confirmed I do mean 100% utterly speculative.

Read more carefully.

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

"100% highly speculative" means that there is in no way any plans for such a title whatsoever, but it's not completely out of the question for sometime in the future.  Which is what devs always say unless they're really against a concept.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Not really. Out of the 6 games, its most recent one was released for xbox 360, when Microsoft bought the series (or whatever part that Nintendo doesn't publish anymore). Something along those lines.

Jub3r7

Whenever I see a picture of banjo kazooie I instantly think Crash Bandicoot.

To be honest, I don't even know what Banjo Kazooie is about. Never played it.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Clanker37

Quote from: universe-X on May 21, 2011, 09:01:23 PMNot really. Out of the 6 games, its most recent one was released for xbox 360, when Microsoft bought the series (or whatever part that Nintendo doesn't publish anymore). Something along those lines.

Yes and no. Yes Microsoft has published the recent game, but Rare and Nintendo are discussing a future Banjo game on the 3DS hence the rumours. That is all I know. Also there is always hope. No matter how hopeless it seems.

KefkaticFanatic

If by "discussing" you mean they haven't talked at all and all the editor is doing is saying that they may at some point in the future make another handheld game for a platform that may or may not be the 3DS then yes, you are right.

me irl
[close]

Clanker37

...I really should have seen that. Thank you for opening my eyes. Now I won't be so disappionted when Rare doesn't realese it (If they don't)

fabbemannen

I rather have a new Conker-game
The gameboy-conker really wasn't so fun, we need a nice portable one, or stationary! Just as a new one comes

Nebbles

For a second I got really excited, then saw that it wasn't a real announcement for the game. xD Oh well. I still need to work on 100% on the N64 game anyway...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

ASH501ST

I don't think this will happen, although I wish it would.  But Microsoft bought Rare from nintando quite sometime ago.  Banjo Kazooie was rumered to come out on the original Nintendo DS, but that didn't happen ether so don't get you hopes up.
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

KefkaticFanatic

The Rare that made the Banjo games no longer exists anyway.  If anything it would be done by another studio.

me irl
[close]

triforced1

From Rare's Wikipedia site.
"Since then, they've been forced into Kinect development, drained of soul and creativity."
Ah, Wikipedia, you never cease to amuse me.