News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG XVII: Host Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, May 24, 2011, 05:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

DrP

TWG XVII: The Streets of New York

New York City is secretly run by various mafia bosses, giving things for the good of the people at special prices. The NYPD seeks to rid organized crime, and they have help from one of the mafia's Consiglieres to go undercover because he wants out and doesn't want to sleep with the fishes. -- I'll get a better story if this gets picked.

The Godfather
- A brutal wolf. If lynched, he/she chooses a person to take down with them
Mafia Boss
Mafia Boss

Consigliere - Seer
Police Chief - Guardian

Police Officer
Police Officer
Police Officer
Police Officer
Police Officer
Police Officer
Police Officer

Items:
Fixed Election Ballot - Given to the first person wolfed and they choose someone to seer and the results are published at the end of the next night phase.

SuperFireKirby

I like it, but I'll wait for a few more ideas to get posted before I cast my ballot.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Be better if we had some names like "Vito Corleone" or "Michael Corleone" and there was this traitor character called "Frado" and this rival wolf team. Hmm...I like the idea of one wolf working by himself.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Guys, we're supposed to try to make games more balanced and less human sided as time goes on, not the other way around.

master_gamer38

I'll probably be posting a game idea soon.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

master_gamer38

I have yet to think of a story to fit in with this. So for now, just a role list.

Wolf Duo - Works together with another Wolf Duo to wolf someone each night.

Guardian Duo - Works together with another Guardian Duo to guard someone each night.
Guardian Duo - Works together with another Guardian Duo to guard someone each night.

Duo Sensor - Works together with another Duo Sensor to determine a pair of players.
Duo Sensor - Works together with another Duo Sensor to determine a pair of players.

Seer Duo - Works together with another Seer Duo to seer someone each night.
Seer Duo - Works together with another Seer Duo to seer someone each night.

Human Duo - Works together with another Human Duo to find and eliminate the wolves each night.
Human Duo - Works together with another Human Duo to find and eliminate the wolves each night.

Each person will know one other player's role from the start (and only one other player's role). This includes the 4 wolves. There are two separate duos (2 wolfings per night potentially). Meaning, they could accidentally wolf each other. (Which, as a host, I would find hilarious.) For every duo, the ability would disappear when one of the two in the pair is killed. In the case of the wolves, when there are two wolves left, if they were not already a duo, they would be made into one so they could continue to wolf again.

Iunno, I thought of the idea earlier today. Haven't spent too much time on it. What does everyone else think?

fingerz

Wow, for a game a lot of effort goes into this.
Well thought out master_gamer38. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Greg

Wow, seems pretty interesting.

Not to mention hard to play, if you lose your ability as soon as one person in the duo is killed.  :P

Jub3r7

Then don't get killed.

I was thinking about trying to host, but I can't come up with a game, and master_gamer38's idea is beast.
Actually, I did come up with a game idea but it was about the rapture and Christians were the wolves.

Also, can you explain how the sensor works?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

master_gamer38

I'll probably make some changes. Since I haven't thought all too much about balance yet. And the sensor sends in a player's name, and they get that player's partner in return. (Even if they are dead)

Liggy

Reminds me of Sauce's game on GMW.

That said, "traditional" TWG bores me, so Master_Gamer38.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Greg

Winter