News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

People still worry about cursing around /me/. And I'm like "Dude. I'm 17. I don't care anymore. ._."
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on July 17, 2011, 07:00:01 PMOn the topic of swearing, I swear all the time. I don't give a damn. >_>

I also get annoyed when people hate something because it's popular. :I Oh yes, what a valid reason!

Contrariwise, it's even more annoying when people love something because it's popular. :I Oh yes, what a valid reason!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

Quote from: Bespinben on July 17, 2011, 05:21:24 PMMy view of cursing is derived from Ephesians 4:29, which says something to the effect of "Let no unclean thing proceed out of thy mouth..."

You don't have to accept that, but if you do, please consider looking further into it.

Please don't even start.

Bespinben

Start what? You guys gave your reasons for your views on cursing, and so I thought I'd share my reasons. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I apologize if I came across like that, really.  :-[
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

KefkaticFanatic

You came off as one of those "hi I'm RELIGIOUS you guys should know all about my BELIEFS" obnoxious people we've had before, so there was kinda a collective groan there.

me irl
[close]

Bespinben

I'm sorry. Really. I guess there's been a bad history of conflict on that subject on NSM?

Nebbles

Yeah, religion's not my thing.

But to the people loving things because they're popular, it pisses me off when you jump into a fandom because it's popular, yet they know nothing about it at all. And they try to seem like they've loved it their whole lives.

Dudeman

Quote from: Bespinben on July 17, 2011, 08:04:17 PMI'm sorry. Really. I guess there's been a bad history of conflict on that subject on NSM?
Yep. Does anyone remember my topic? You know, the one that got locked after one day?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bespinben

@Nebbles - hmm... I actually haven't ever seen that in my experience, but I can see how it'd be annoying.

@Dudeman - Well, I actually just registered on NSM forums only a month ago, so that's probably why I'm not familiar with that topic.

DrP

Religion has been quite a nasty issue here.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 17, 2011, 08:05:49 PMYeah, religion's not my thing.

But to the people loving things because they're popular, it pisses me off when you jump into a fandom because it's popular, yet they know nothing about it at all. And they try to seem like they've loved it their whole lives.

I hate that too. I am a devout Christian, but I know a lot on the subject, studied world religions and made a clear choice after looking at other options...
Those people who say they're Christian/Jewish/Muslim/etc... and don't even follow the core teachings of the religion doesnt necessarily make them that religion. And just because they say it, doesn't mean it isn't true and it does kinda irk me a little bit.

Dudeman

...we'd better get back on topic soon or this is going to get locked. FAST.

On that note: Topics that get locked because we get into a theological argument.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bespinben

Agreed. Problem is, I'm all out of things to rant about  :P

Saria

You know what bugs me? NON-PERFECT PEOPLE.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Nebbles

Yeah, seriously, carry stuff like that in private. >_<; Please please please don't get into a fight. Keep this on pet peeves.

I also can't stand people who can't accept your opinions on something. Like, holy crap, we have a negative/different/whatever opinion on whatever you like. Sorry we're not ass-kissing your idol/favourite thing/whatever. GET. OVER. IT.

Shadoninja

everything that my grandmother does!
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman