News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 11, 2016, 02:47:47 PMpretty sure if your dad is bald you're very very likely to end up bald as well
Thankfully, my dad isn't bald, but my dad's dad is. My mom's dad isn't bald and neither is she

mikey

Quote from: Sebastian on April 11, 2016, 02:51:06 PMThankfully, my dad isn't balled

on a side note woman can go bald, it's not unheard of
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

That's where both X chromosomes have that condition.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Ruto

Lol everyone so worked up about baldness vs. other genetic problems

My uncle (only related to me by marriage) has been bald since his 20s, but his oldest son is now almost 20 and he's definitely not going bald or even close. His brother is 10 years younger so I can't really tell yet, but his hairline is definitely not like his brother's.

It seems like my sisters all inherited my dad's hair type/texture, but that's as much as we know. This other girl I know, her dad has the baldness thing, but she seems to already be shedding when she's like <10? There's almost no chance of her being bald though.

Aaaand maybe it's not so much genes as guys not taking care of their skin (according to my friend). If it's too dry it gets damaged and bam! Hair starts shedding. This lady at a beauty supply shop gave me this shampoo sample that she says "once I use I'll come back to buy it."

http://www.amazon.com/Doori-Premium-Prevention-Treatment-Medicinal/dp/B0058WEQL4

I'm a bit skeptical lol but I guess it doesn't hurt to try it. GUYS SHOULD TRY THIS INSTEAD OF BLAMING THEIR GENES.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ZeldaFan

Here's my latest pet peeve: my roommate turning on the A/C (to cool the house from 75 to 72 degrees) when it's LITERALLY 40 degrees outside. Seriously just open a fucking window!!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Can relate, my siblings having done the same thing.
Like guys
let's not burn $300 to cool the whole house
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Quote from: Ruto on April 11, 2016, 06:19:01 PMAaaand maybe it's not so much genes as guys not taking care of their skin (according to my friend). If it's too dry it gets damaged and bam! Hair starts shedding. This lady at a beauty supply shop gave me this shampoo sample that she says "once I use I'll come back to buy it."

http://www.amazon.com/Doori-Premium-Prevention-Treatment-Medicinal/dp/B0058WEQL4

I'm a bit skeptical lol but I guess it doesn't hurt to try it. GUYS SHOULD TRY THIS INSTEAD OF BLAMING THEIR GENES.

I mean, sure us guys don't really do much to take care of our hair, but we also don't stick flaming hot rods of metal or toxic chemicals into it either so I don't think the health of our scalps is the culprit.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Heyyy I don't do any of that stuff D:

Heard one too many guys say they're too manly for facewash too. My friend the other chemist said she talked to her dermatologist and that's where she got "dry skin" from. That's why people shed more in the winter, the air here gets really dry...

She also told me to wear a hat but I hate hats...

mikey

how does one take care of hair anyway
like I shampoo daily, am I missing something?

I don't use face wash, but I don't have acne either so it doesn't matter to me xD
unmotivated

Sebastian

Ruto

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 11, 2016, 08:37:08 PMhow does one take care of hair anyway
like I shampoo daily, am I missing something?

I don't use face wash, but I don't have acne either so it doesn't matter to me xD

Yeah I don't have acne either and I only use water to wash my face, but...some people should use facewash -.-

I guess for your hair...don't let it dry out too much? Or don't let it get too oily, w/e. Then brush it. Which I don't do either -.-

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Your hair can sometimes need a second washing if you use a shitton of product though. Especially since letting stuff like ridiculously strong hair gel can fuck up your hair if it sets in overnight.
what is shitpost

mikey

I've never gelled my hair
unmotivated

FireArrow

...there's a thing called facewash?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department