News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on May 29, 2016, 01:50:28 PMthe word "fam" i hate it with the burning passion of a thousand suns

I agree I was just thinking how opening or closing a hostile or condescending sentence with "fam" doesn't make it okay or nice
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Altissimo on May 29, 2016, 01:54:04 PMdude it's not just you lmao that's just the place i saw it most recently
lool you actually ninja'd me with your post(see the second gap), just added the emoji in the beginning but we cool
didn't mean to direct my post at you but at the shit i've seen in general

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 29, 2016, 02:45:35 PMI agree I was just thinking how opening or closing a hostile or condescending sentence with "fam" doesn't make it okay or nice
did i do it? D: i generally just use the word as a gender-neutral word to replace words like "dude" and "man" i'd otherwise use
i throw it around everywhere without really any deeper intention

FireArrow

It just means you need to level up and start calling them hun/honey.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dude

So a lot of random stranger people my age have been calling my mom "hun" and by a lot I mean like 3.

But still, creepy as hell.

braix

I just say "man" to everyman
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

I say "bitches" to all my bitches *z-snap*

braix

I meant to say everyone and I said everyman kms
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

Kill many seagulls?

Kick my scrotum?

cashwarrior1

My friend used to use the word "fam" occasionally, but now she's resorted to using "friendo" when talking to a friend.

E. Gadd Industries

I don't really have a selected name or other, but I do say "HEY, OH!" a lot irl when I'm trying to say something and am interrupted (thanks, The Legendary Starfy)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ZeldaFan

My latest pet peeve is when there is contention in any kind of relationship but one or both parties are too stubborn or prideful to solve the problem so they just avoid each other. Usually the problem is not worth ruining the relationship over... This is happening rn with my best friend and his friend he's known since middle school.

*sigh* People need to learn forgiveness. And better communication.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

cashwarrior1

Well, my dad told me that in high school (assuming that you're in high school) people change and most of your friends from high school won't be close friends when you grow up.

Sebastian

Quote from: ZeldaFan on May 31, 2016, 08:28:00 PMMy latest pet peeve is when there is contention in any kind of relationship but one or both parties are too stubborn or prideful to solve the problem so they just avoid each other. Usually the problem is not worth ruining the relationship over...
*sigh* People need to learn forgiveness. And better communication.
This SOOO much. I've had some problems like this in my lifetime.

mikey

I also hate when people like on Facebook say fren/fam we ain't either so cool it
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

other people use fren? didn't think it's that popular