TWG XVIII: Adelaide's Impetuous Adventures of Inanity In the Macrocosm...

Started by SlowPokemon, July 18, 2011, 07:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Mashi

People should go to #TWG so we can get stuff done.
To get to the chat:

Go here - http://cbe002.chat.mibbit.com/
Click Server and type "irc.drshnaps.com", without quotes in the box that opens up.
Type your Nickname.
Type "#TWG" next to Channel, without the quotes.
Press Go.

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dude

ã,»ãƒ¼ãƒ•ãƒ†ã,£ãƒ¼ã€€ã,ªãƒ³ã€€ãƒ•ã,£ãƒ³ã,¬ãƒ¼ã,º
(Safety on Fingerz)

That's how I will be doing my safeties from now on. :P

universe-X

Quote from: Dude on July 20, 2011, 04:47:20 PMã,»ãƒ¼ãƒ•ãƒ†ã,£ãƒ¼ã€€ã,ªãƒ³ã€€ãƒ•ã,£ãƒ³ã,¬ãƒ¼ã,º
(Safety on Fingerz)

That's how I will be doing my safeties from now on. :P
Quote from: fingerz on July 20, 2011, 02:59:29 PMSafety on universe-X. :)
Why?

fingerz

Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Wrydryn

Safety on pamplemousse due to the fact that I might not make it on in time for a real vote.

Mashi

This log is shorter, I promise.

21:33      *** Universe-X joined #TWG
21:33   Universe-X   Hello?
21:33   Universe-X   <.<
21:34      *** Universe-X is now known as NickSERVD29030
21:34      *** NickSERVD29030 is now known as U-X
21:34   Vera   Hi Universe-X.
21:35   U-X   Ohai
21:36   Vera   Do you have any suspicions now?
21:37   U-X   Nope
21:37   U-X   I'm not gonna be analyzing anything as closely as before this game.
21:38   Vera   So you're useless to the Human team?????????
21:39   U-X   Other than potentially being the one that might get us out of the "humans = wolves;wolves win", should it go that far, then maybe not.
21:40   U-X   Otherwise, yep.
21:40   Vera   I see.
21:40   Vera   Hmm...
21:42   U-X   Hbu?
21:43   U-X   What do you think about Fingerz voting me and Dude voting Fingerz right after?
21:43   Vera   People being indolent.
21:43   Vera   Doodle is apparently busy though.
21:44   Vera   Though, if my memory is correct, fingerz is generally always useless.
21:45   U-X   lol
21:47   U-X   Hmm, I think I see Dude's logic behind it.
21:47   U-X   Maybe
21:47   Vera   What logic?
21:48   Vera   You mean just safetying on fingerz because he was the last poster?
21:48   U-X   No,
21:48   U-X   from what the chat logs read,
21:48   U-X   I gave reasons why I wouldn't play with full devotion this game,
21:48   Vera   What chatlogs?
21:48   Vera   Oh, that.
21:48   U-X   something any other wolf (besides ETF) would do.
21:49   U-X   fingerz votes for me, probably making the same mistake I did when I played my first game as a wolf
21:49   U-X   "vote right away anyone who seems suspicious"
21:50   U-X   and that's what got me killed :<
21:52   U-X   That's just what I think, though.
21:52   Vera   Well.
21:53   Vera   I suppose fingerz behaviour wouldn't vary due to his role if he's naturally lazy and unproductive.
21:53   U-X   lol, I can see you think highly of hi,
21:53   U-X   * him.
21:54   Vera   So if nothing shows up, I suppose that perhaps it may be beneficial for us to lynch him; considering that if he's anti-productive as both a Human and a Wolf, we wouldn't be able to decipher his Role without a seering and it would probably be better to just get rid of him then a Human who could probably be beneficial.
21:54   Vera   I think highly of everyone!
21:54   Vera   But nevertheless, a lynch on a useless Human is something I would prefer doing as a last resort.
21:55   U-X   But in that sense, it would probably be better to lynch a wolf than a worthless human, no?
21:57   Vera   It always is.
21:57   Vera   Which is why I would prefer it be a last resort.
21:58   U-X   If there's a good amount of evidence that they're human, then I say keep them.
21:58   U-X   and move on to someone else.
21:58   U-X   however for fingerz, it doesn't seem that way.
21:58   Vera   But there's no evidence on fingerz and there probably won't be because he never does anything, despite his Role.
21:59   U-X   What do you mean "despite his Role"?
21:59   U-X   -____________________-
21:59   U-X   His reasoning "because I felt like it"
22:00   Vera   As in, if he's a Human, he doesn't do anything.
22:00   [Wrydryn]   Wolfish?
22:00   Vera   And if he's a Wolf, he doesn't do anything.
22:00   U-X   I'm sorry, but that instantly makes me think "belligerent asshole"
22:00   U-X   xP
22:00   Vera   I think he acted in a similar way last game.
22:00   Vera   And probably antecedents of that game as well.
22:01   [Wrydryn]   So ultimately, what is he?
22:01   U-X   stupid,
22:01   U-X   jk
22:01   U-X   We can't decide based off of that.
22:02   U-X   But i'm looking more towards wolfish for now.
22:02   U-X   gtg
22:02   Vera   I'm looking towards giving him a ban if he remains like this.
22:02   U-X   talk to you guys later
22:02   U-X   bai
22:02   Vera   Bye Universe-X.
22:02   U-X   Don't do that ;o
22:02      *** U-X quit (Q:- http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
22:03   Vera   So what's your opinion on kynching fingerz, Whirr?
22:04   [Wrydryn]   Last resort for now
22:04   [Wrydryn]   Seems slightly Wolfish but I don't suspect anyone yet
22:05   [Wrydryn]   Besides, people do make that mistake
22:06   [Wrydryn]   Do you want to lynch him?
22:07   Vera   I would still rather lynch Universe-X since there's at least reason to suspect him, but from my experience, players like fingerz can cause a lot of trouble if they're not lynched early.
22:08   Vera   Otherwise, if he's still alive by the end of the game, there's probably going to be a fiasco involving whether to lynch him.
22:08   [Wrydryn]   So you think U-X is a wolf?
22:08   Vera   I'm not 100% confident in that belief, but at the moment, yes.
22:08   [Wrydryn]   Why so?
22:09   Vera   Skin the chatlog I posted.
22:09   Vera   Skim*
22:09   [Wrydryn]   Pass
22:09   [Wrydryn]   I'm about to go to bed
22:09   Vera   A+.
22:09   Vera   Good night then.
22:09   [Wrydryn]   Does he have any votes on him?
22:09   Vera   Nope.
22:10   Vera   People have only safetied.
22:10   [Wrydryn]   Then I'm going to safety on him just in case I can't make the vote time
22:11   [Wrydryn]   Link?
22:12   Vera   http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=3456.30
22:13   [Wrydryn]   I'm not safetying on U-X
22:13   [Wrydryn]   He already has a vote
22:13   Vera   He has a safety.
22:13   Vera   But okay.
22:18   [Wrydryn]   You generally don't put two safeties on the same person
22:19   Vera   I'm aware of that.
22:19   Vera   Just getting your terminology straight though!
22:22   [Wrydryn]   I know how to play
22:22   Vera   Okay.
22:24   [Wrydryn]   Has pamplemousse done anything yet?
22:24   Vera   I don't believe so.
22:25   Vera   Nope.
22:25   Vera   I haven't had any direct contact with him, SuperFireKirby, and fingerz.
22:25   [Wrydryn]   I guess my safety goes there then
22:25   Vera   And shadowkirby_64 too I think.
22:26   Vera   Though, he was in the chat yesterday, I believe.
22:26   [Wrydryn]   Well I'm going on a fishing trip tomorrow and I don't know if I'll be back by then
22:27   [Wrydryn]   9:00 that is
22:40   [Wrydryn]   So Mashi, when the time comes you'll vote for U-X?
22:41   Vera   Maybe.
22:42   Vera   Depends on how things go; I would rather have everyone reach a consensus than vote and make things a KitB.

fingerz

DrP

safety on SFK, because I'm too busy with work, preparing for Canada and fixing up 3 computers

Mashi

Here's the game in a nutshell so far:

"HEY GUYS, LETS HAVE A SUPER ACTIVE CHAT ABOUT THE GAME" ~ MASHI
"OKAY" ~ VARIOUS PEOPLE
One chat later...
"THAT WAS VERY INFORMATIVE AND FILLED WITH INPUT FROM QUITE A FEW PLAYERS."
"I DUNNO WUT 2 DEW" ~ VARIOUS PEOPLE
"WHAT?  WE JUST HAD A GIANT CHAT" ~ MASHI
"LOLK.  SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY" ~ VARIOUS PEOPLE.
*Of course, this doesn't go towards everyone; there have been people, such as Jub3r7, Whirr, and Universe-X who have been making an effort in being active.

I understand that it's Day 1 and evidence for things is weak, but we have to make a lynch, so we have to make a decision.  Apparently, quite a few of you are busy, but from my knowledge, quite a few of you never seem to ever contribute very much at all.  This needs to change or TWG Policy will have to become a bit stricter.  Perhaps I may be being a bit over reactive (But really, only about 10 hours before the Phase is up and we've had 5 safeties already?), but TWG is never going to improve if we stay like this.

Also, apparently, fingerz has only played one TWG here before (TWG XVII: Duos) (Though, I could have sworn he has played more), so I suppose my argument about his indolent disposition is somewhat mute at the moment, since I don't actually have any proof that he always acts like this.  Though, despite that, I'll still contemplate lynching him for inactivity, for the same argument that's supporting him (We don't know how he acts as a Wolf, but hypothetically, if he's lazy as a Human, he's probably lazy as a Wolf).

But nevertheless, it's time to try to kindle everyone's thoughts and start a discussion.  I'll be voting for Universe-X.  My suspicion towards him began after his response to the Tribune being made.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 19, 2011, 08:06:20 PMWHO IS READY TO LYNCH SOME WOLF ASS?
STRATEGIES ARE DEVELOPING AND IF YOU ARE A WOLF, WE GONNA FIND YOU.

Quote from: universe-X on July 19, 2011, 08:08:26 PMAwesome tribune is awesome xD
Universe-X's post implies that he believes that the Tribune that was sent was the Human Tribune.  However, it can't officially be confirmed that the Tribune is Human, so why the commending remark?
Now, allow me to analyze the tribune itself.  What bothers me from this Tribune is that statement "STRATEGIES ARE DEVELOPING".  What sort of strategies could the Seer and Tribune have concocted so early in the game?  In this sort of game, the only strategy there truly is would be analyzing input from everyone.  And considering how practically nothing occurred Night 1, I don't find it credible for any strategies to have been created yet.  In other words, I feel that the Wolves stated that in order to look more Human, since it would be implausible for the Seer and Tribune to have decided to lie about what they've been doing.  Also, as Whirr stated in the first chat log I posted, the Wolves made a wolfing.  If this is the case, wouldn't it be more likely for the Wolf Partner active enough to send in a wolfing PM to solicit the Master Wolf (Who has the tribune) to send in the tribune?  Why would it be that the Wolves wolfed, but did not send in a tribune?  It's a bit frivolous for that to have occurred.

Since I've explained why I feel the tribune is the Wolf Tribune, let me explain why I feel these things make me suspect Universe-X.  We've already discussed why his response to the tribune was senseless and reflexive, so lets move on to the chatlog.

Quote00:07   Vera   Do you believe this was from the Wolf or Human Tribune?
00:07      *** [Wrydryn] quit (Client exited)
00:07      U-X is human
00:07   U-X   and I would believe it's from humans
00:07   Vera   Why?
00:08   U-X   it sounds like something a human would say *shrug*
00:08   Vera   How so?
00:09   U-X   "lynch some wolf ass"
00:09   Vera   And why wouldn't a Wolf say that?
00:09   U-X   "strategies are developing" (made me think *Concerto*)
00:09   U-X   Cuz a wolf would totally lynch some wolf ass,
00:09   U-X   blah
00:09   U-X   idrc tbh
00:09   Vera   They would say that.
00:10   Vera   Oh yes, I had forgotten.
00:10   Vera   You said you would join if we needed another player and would probably remain indifferent to the game.
00:10   Vera   Ahhh, I've forgotten to take that into account.
His reasons for believing that the tribune sent are weak at best.  I've also included the latter part of the part of the chatlog to show that Universe-X does have some sort of defense, though, it's equally weak in my opinion, since the amount of business a person have is incoherent with his Role.

Quote00:14   Vera   Universe-X, "Awesome tribune is awesome xD".
00:15   Vera   What's your reasons for making this post?
00:15   Vera   What are*
00:15   Vera   It lacks substance and seems to make too rash of an assumption that the Tribune sent was a Human one.
00:16   Jub3r7   If u-x was a wolf, it would make sense for him to assume the tribune was human if he was the wolf tribune and forgot to send anything.
00:17   Jub3r7   Or if he didn't send anything on purpose
00:17   U-X   Vera- it made me laugh? >.>
00:17   Vera   Why did it make you laugh?
00:18   Vera   Actually, now that you mention it, Jub3r7, it would be a very clever strategy not to send in a Wolf Tribune.
00:18   Vera   But do you believe Universe-X would be the type of person to do that?
00:18   U-X   Because of the multi-use of the word ass and allusion to the Antoine Dodson vid.
00:18   Jub3r7   antoine dodson? oh
00:18   Jub3r7   oh
00:19   Jub3r7   I knew there was a reference to something
00:19   U-X   and I'm a human.
00:19   Vera   Hmm...
00:19   U-X   fyi
Not sure how to judge this.  I'm not sure if I just have a dearth sense of humour or if this is just a poor and fabricated excuse.

Quote00:24   Vera   What's your opinion on the Cirno wolfing, though?
00:25   U-X   It's not unexpected.
00:25   Vera   Why?
00:25   U-X   I have a real strong feeling that he's a blue, idk why ._.
00:25   U-X   Maybe that's cuz of my last game,
00:25   U-X   but idk.
00:25   Jub3r7   who, winter?
00:26   Jub3r7   u-x
00:26   Concerto   Aren't the wolves required to send in a tribune?
00:26   U-X   Jub- yeah
00:26   Jub3r7   Both were supposed to be required to send one in
00:26   U-X   Concerto- is there a penalty otherwise?
00:26   Concerto   That's what I'd like to know
00:26   Jub3r7   Both the human and the wolf tribune were supposed to send one in
00:27   U-X   There better be one ._.
Questioning Universe-X about his opinion on the Cirno wolfing.  I don't find it humane at all, to be frank.  "It's not unexpected, I have a real strong feeling that he's a blue" does not sit well with me.  The response seems contrived and atypical (I'm sure most others would have said, "It was random", "Inexperienced players did it", or "Experienced players are Wolves, so they don't want to follow the Manti Rule", et. al.  Considering that Universe-X is busy and ostensibly lacks care about the game (Which I'm doubting considering how active he has been in the chat), I'm beginning to think this is just a web of lies.

Quote00:42   Jub3r7   Again, why do you care who the tribune is if you think the tribune is human?
00:43      Jub3r7 pings u-x
00:44   U-X   oh
00:44   U-X   um
00:44   U-X   one sec lemme think
00:44   U-X   When did I say Mashi?
00:45   U-X   And here's my logic on the matter:
00:45   U-X   Concerto would write something like that IF he was human, judging from past games.
00:45   U-X   In that sense, I would pose him as human.
00:45   U-X   But, he's wondering who the tribune is now,
00:45   U-X   so idk.
00:47   Jub3r7   u-x, you didn't answer my question
00:47   Jub3r7   Why do you care who the tribune is, if you think the tribune is human?
00:49   U-X   I thought what I said would've made it clear, but anyways
00:49   U-X   that would strike out someone from suspicion of being a wolf,
00:49   U-X   i.e. Concerto,
00:49   U-X   but not anymore.
00:49   U-X   Comprende?
00:50   Vera   Why did it take you so long to respond?
00:50   U-X   Cuz I'm talking to other people too
00:50   U-X   facebook,
00:50   U-X   phone,
00:50   U-X   and I'm watching youtube videos
00:50   U-X   .
In this log, Jub3r7 was testing Universe-X for a reaction.  Jub3r7 questions why Universe-X was trying to discern whom the tribune was written by.  Universe-X answers why he believes the tribune was written by Concerto instead.  Jub3r7 reiterates his question and after 2 minutes, Universe-X states a legitimate response.  However (Although, I'm sure I'm over speculating now), it took him 2 minutes to respond.  It should also be noted that at the beginning of this log, Universe-X wants time to think.  If he were Human, he should already know his reasons for doing the things he he does.  Of course, it's plausible for people to be people and forget things, but it should be noted that all of this occurred only a few hours apart, it seems very unlikely for a person to have forgotten the reason behind the things he has done.

Anyway, there's my argument.  I'm hoping to at least get a reaction from everyone, so don't disappoint me, everyone!
Universe-X

universe-X

I'm still not in the mood for accusations (which I should've expected upon signing up for this game), so let's see how I'll take this.

I'll number things in the quote corresponding to my own self-guard.

Quote from: Mashi on July 21, 2011, 09:23:33 AMBut nevertheless, it's time to try to kindle everyone's thoughts and start a discussion.  I'll be voting for Universe-X.  My suspicion towards him began after his response to the Tribune being made.

1) Universe-X's post implies that he believes that the Tribune that was sent was the Human Tribune.  However, it can't officially be confirmed that the Tribune is Human, so why the commending remark?

Now, allow me to analyze the tribune itself.  What bothers me from this Tribune is that statement "STRATEGIES ARE DEVELOPING".  What sort of strategies could the Seer and Tribune have concocted so early in the game?  In this sort of game, the only strategy there truly is would be analyzing input from everyone.  And considering how practically nothing occurred Night 1, I don't find it credible for any strategies to have been created yet.  In other words, I feel that the Wolves stated that in order to look more Human, since it would be implausible for the Seer and Tribune to have decided to lie about what they've been doing.  Also, as Whirr stated in the first chat log I posted, the Wolves made a wolfing.  If this is the case, wouldn't it be more likely for the Wolf Partner active enough to send in a wolfing PM to solicit the Master Wolf (Who has the tribune) to send in the tribune?  Why would it be that the Wolves wolfed, but did not send in a tribune?  It's a bit frivolous for that to have occurred.

Since I've explained why I feel the tribune is the Wolf Tribune, let me explain why I feel these things make me suspect Universe-X.  We've already discussed why his response to the tribune was senseless and reflexive, so lets move on to the chatlog.

2) His reasons for believing that the tribune sent are weak at best.  I've also included the latter part of the part of the chatlog to show that Universe-X does have some sort of defense, though, it's equally weak in my opinion, since the amount of business a person have is incoherent with his Role.

3) Not sure how to judge this.  I'm not sure if I just have a dearth sense of humour or if this is just a poor and fabricated excuse.

4) Questioning Universe-X about his opinion on the Cirno wolfing.  I don't find it humane at all, to be frank.  "It's not unexpected, I have a real strong feeling that he's a blue" does not sit well with me.  The response seems contrived and atypical (I'm sure most others would have said, "It was random", "Inexperienced players did it", or "Experienced players are Wolves, so they don't want to follow the Manti Rule", et. al.  Considering that Universe-X is busy and ostensibly lacks care about the game (Which I'm doubting considering how active he has been in the chat), I'm beginning to think this is just a web of lies.

5) In this log, Jub3r7 was testing Universe-X for a reaction.  Jub3r7 questions why Universe-X was trying to discern whom the tribune was written by.  Universe-X answers why he believes the tribune was written by Concerto instead.  Jub3r7 reiterates his question and after 2 minutes, Universe-X states a legitimate response.  However (Although, I'm sure I'm over speculating now), it took him 2 minutes to respond.  It should also be noted that at the beginning of this log, Universe-X wants time to think.  If he were Human, he should already know his reasons for doing the things he he does.  Of course, it's plausible for people to be people and forget things, but it should be noted that all of this occurred only a few hours apart, it seems very unlikely for a person to have forgotten the reason behind the things he has done.

Anyway, there's my argument.  I'm hoping to at least get a reaction from everyone, so don't disappoint me, everyone!
Universe-X
1) Ever think it was in the moment and I didn't feel like analyzing things at that moment?

2) Once again, I was thinking more "in the moment" rather than analytically. If you had brought up this sort of thinking in the irc, I would've changed my mind, but from this log it seems like everyone was out to attack me.

3) That is my reason as to why I thought it was funny. It doesn't have to be some "poor and fabricated excuse".

4) It's not unexpected. Winter, from what I've seen, is pretty good at TWG. As far as why I feel he was blue, I admit, I don't have any real reasoning, but I've made gut decisions like this before. More often than not proving true. Am I saying that means anything in this instance? No. Actually, my thought that "Winter is blue" is probably left over spunk about last game, where I believe he was first to be wolfed and later found out to be blue.

5) I was hoping for more of an insightful response to what I said for this portion, not when I said it or how. Jub was aggressively interrogating me to the point where it annoyed me, to be frank. I did say it was Concerto, but took it back once I saw he was trying to figure it out too. If that's part of some plan or whatever, I don't know. As far as time stuff, yes, I was texting people; yes, I was on facebook doing stuff; yes, I was watching a youtube video at the moment. TWG's not my main priority, my main priority is calming down from stuff going on at home which I have made it aware well enough that there is stuff that is stressing me out these days. You are definitely over-speculating. I did an all-nighter the night before and it was around midnight the time you guys barraged me with all those questions. Of course I needed time to think -__- Just because I'm human, doesn't mean I should have all my evidence ready and at hand when called upon. I didn't forget, more or less, I was thinking about how I put my thoughts into words.

But whatever, you know, it's cool. I don't mind getting lynched, it would actually take a load of stress off of me. And to avoid wasting time that I could spend doing... something else, (that is if I do end up staying alive after this phase), I'm not gonna spend anymore time on this game.

Vote on Jub.

Good luck humans.

Mashi

Could you explain why you've switched your safety to a vote for Jub3r7?

universe-X